Train TMA but fight like kickboxer

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My experience in Kenpo karate is limited.

I have sparred with many Kenpo guys in Karate tournaments. I had 2 Kenpo black belts in my lunch time sparring group (I call it "fighting club"). I did sparred with Kenpo instructor Tony Martinez in his Austin Kenpo karate school many years ago (Tony is 10th degree BB master today). I believe Tony is one of Ed Parker's students.

My 1st Kung Fu school was Tony's Kenpo school. He moved to another location. I took over his school.

Sure, I am not disputing the experience that you had. Merely stating that kenpo encompasses a lot of variety so what you experienced does not necessarily represent all of kenpo.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My experience in Kenpo karate is limited.

I have sparred with many Kenpo guys in Karate tournaments. I had 2 Kenpo black belts in my lunch time sparring group (I call it "fighting club"). I did sparred with Kenpo instructor Tony Martinez in his Austin Kenpo karate school many years ago (Tony is 10th degree BB master today). I believe Tony is one of Ed Parker's students.

My 1st Kung Fu school was Tony's Kenpo school. He moved to another location. I took over his school.

I would be afraid to take inside like that. That cross is a face punch waiting to happen.

Latest Discussions