Totally Tae Kwon Do Magazine

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Totally Tae Kwon Do © magazine is a brand new, free, online magazine about to be launched across the internet. The magazine is totally free to read, distribute, copy, print and download.

It’s a magazine dedicated to all aspects of the martial art of Tae Kwon Do, arguably the worlds most popular martial art and Olympic sport. The magazine will cater for all styles of the art, with all areas included (from self defence aspects to sport).

I felt it was time that we, as students of Tae Kwon Do had our own magazine that covered things we wanted to read about. I'll post futher details soon, but in the meantime, why not have a look at the magazines web site: www.totallytkd.com

I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about it. The depth of articles in the first issue is amazing. I hope you`ll be excited as well and just to wet your appetite heres a (sample) picture of the first ever cover.
Vol_1_Cover_example_154x218.jpg

Totally Tae Kwon Do ©
The Free Global Tae Kwon Do Magazine
Launching: 1st March, 2009

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I for one will certainly be subscribing. Thank you for all that you are doing for TKD Stuart.

garrisons2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great initiative Stuart, look forward to it. Btw, in terms if , white letters on a black background isnt optimal, Good luck

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get something in in time for the first issue.... :)

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. As mentioned, just more of the great work you are contributing to the art.

Dave O.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. As mentioned, just more of the great work you are contributing to the art.

Dave O.

I agree, a new initiative like this is one of the things TKD badly needs. And not just TKD, but the MAs in general. Most MA magazines have become little more than collections of product placement ads—ever notice how Black Belt and Taekwondo Times articles invariably match up with a one- or two-page advert somewhere in the issue? They've really become little more than supply catalogues and commercial directories. The Web is providing the lead now in supplying real content, and I'm willing to bet that with the decade we're going to see the demise of BB/TKDTimes type print rags. It's too bad that some really high quality periodicals may go down as well—JAMA and Classical Fighting Arts look to be in serious trouble. But the need for real information is still there, and magazines like Jissen and Stuart's new enterprise look really good for filling that need...

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

Don't forget to join the Totally Tae kwon Do magazine fan page (on facebook), where we will keep everyone updated on the latest news etc. as it saves posting on all the forums (as there are quite a few). Though I will endeavour to post here also of course.
Fan Page located at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Totally-Tae-Kwon-Do-Magazine/46855022073

Apart from the demise of TKD&KMA mag, heres another reason why i felt it was needed -
n2303026871_2656.jpg

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

Don't forget to join the Totally Tae kwon Do magazine fan page (on facebook), where we will keep everyone updated on the latest news etc. as it saves posting on all the forums (as there are quite a few). Though I will endeavour to post here also of course.
Fan Page located at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Totally-Tae-Kwon-Do-Magazine/46855022073

Apart from the demise of TKD&KMA mag, heres another reason why i felt it was needed -
n2303026871_2656.jpg

Ogod quick, where's the bathroom... I'm gonna be sick.... :barf:

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Cheers for the best wishes folks.

Just a quick update.

Issue 1 of the magazine is full and looking wicked, but please keep submitting articles as they will go into Volume 2.

Also, don't forget, if you want to add Totally Tae kwon Do as a download from your own web site, feel free to do so. Contact us and we`ll add you to the download links list, in both the magazine and at ww.totallytkd.com

regards,

Stuart

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that we now have a 'Subscribers' page up and running.

All you have to do is input your email address and you`ll be added to the list.

The list is to let you know about the magazine ie. thats its released (reminders), teasers for future issues or any thing else associated with it.

Please visit www.totallytkd.com and go to the "Subscribe Free" page.

regards,
Stuart

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to wet your appetites a little, heres a decent sized preview of the the cover of the 1st issue.

Issue_1_Cover_339x474.jpg

OP
S

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you good folks know that we have released issue 1 of 'Totally Tae kwon Do' magazine a few hours early.

You are invited to visit www.totallytkd.com and download issue 1 at your leisure.

To be kept informed of future releases, please add your email address to the 'subscribers' list.

if you want to see whats in issue 1 before downloading, please click on the 'Issue 1' page (on the download page) for a contents list.

I hope you enjoy the first issue.

Regards,
Stuart
(Editor)
www.totallytkd.com

Ps. thanks DrakPhoenix

Latest Discussions