Top 10 Kung Fu Movies

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I gained more respect for Bruce Lee after seeing his audition clip for the role of Kato. It's on YouTube ... the guy's fast, and he has presence.

(heh ... he said he was the only candidate who could pronounce "Britt Reid" correctly.)

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you seen Return Of The Dragon or are you judging from other films?
Sean
PS those Us are supposed to be an underline but that what happens when I try to get all fancy with the functions. LOL

Nah ... I've seen several of his movies. Didn't do it for me (true feelings with held as to not upset the general public) in any way. Acting, coreography, etc...

Last edited:

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree, and i feel the same way about Jet Li.

Same here... I like Jet Li more since his coregraphy at least looks like the generally accepted "movie fu" stylized stuff. But I hate the wirework & such... and as Wong Fei Hung???

***** please... He knows about as much Hung Ga as I know radiocartography.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Same here... I like Jet Li more since his coregraphy at least looks like the generally accepted "movie fu" stylized stuff. But I hate the wirework & such... and as Wong Fei Hung???

***** please... He knows about as much Hung Ga as I know radiocartography.

yeah, and I think he's just kind of a cold actor. Doesn't make any connection to the audience in my opinion.

I hate the wire stuff too, could never get into that.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Wire Fu myself but I have to admit I do like some of Jet Li's movies, not all, but many of them and the same goes for Bruce Lee. I like some, but not all but at least Bruce did not get into Wire Fu...or it could be that he just was not around long enough to get into it... I don't know

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are classics already mentioned that I will not. But let me mention one that is in my 'top 3' that is not as well known.

Zhong Hua Zhang Fu AKA:

Heroes Of The East , or,
Shaolin Challenges Ninja
with Liu Chia Hui ( Gordon Liu ).

ABSOLUTELY NOT TO BE MISSED !!!!!!!!!

I've owned it for years but here it is on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chinese Hercules, Chang Feng and Bolo Yeung

The One-Armed Swordsman Jimmy Wang Yu

New One-Armed Swordsman, also released in the U.S. as Triple Irons, David Chiang

All the real Bruce Lee movies: Enter the Dragon, Return of the Dragon, Fists of Fury, Chinese Connection.

Fist of Legend, Drunken Master 2, Ip Man and Iron Monkey were pretty cool too......

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe someone will recognize this movie, I can't remember the name. It's an old Jackie Chan movie, and they are in this field playing some bizzare kind of ball game. Seems there were two or maybe three different teams of 10 or so guys each, they were on a big football type field and they had to run a ball and then climb a pyramid of some type and get the ball to the top. As they would climb, the other teams would literally grab them and throw them down to the ground. It was really bizarre and the human casualties had to be enormous. It was just bodies flailing and piling on top of each other and throwing each other around, just craziness.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While we are at not knowing the name of our favorites... Remember the one where the kid was watching Kung Fu lessons from a distance and when his father found out he was practicing, the kid was made to punch glass shards? Anyone...
Sean

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Can't believe the following movies werren't mentioned:
prodigal son
shaolin temple strikes back
36 chambers of shaolin aka shaolin master killer
I can't remember the name of this one sho kosugi movie..
it's a ninja theatre production... theres a samurai that gets poisoned.. and finds his way to the shaolin temple..
anyways.. good stuff

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
While we are at not knowing the name of our favorites... Remember the one where the kid was watching Kung Fu lessons from a distance and when his father found out he was practicing, the kid was made to punch glass shards? Anyone...
Sean

I don't know that one, but it sounds like a classic.

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The movie where he is forced to punch glass shards stars jackie chan, I grew up watching these movies since I was like 5, lol.. yeah.. that old beggar is his teacher.. and he uses some kind of tree sap to heal the hand.. there are these identical brothers in some of the movies.. in this movie the identical brother likes to gamble.. the old beggar cheats to win.. some guy uses some weird fish kung fu to try and beat him.. twas an epic fail. anyways, this is the link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068000/

Here's part 1 to shaolin temple strikes back!
http://video.boom.ge/index.php?action=3&obj=sdbzxbhjbghbdfb&cat=

Guliufa

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Not in any particular order -

My young Auntie
Mad Monkey Kung Fu
Disciples of the 36th Chamber
Return of the Master Killer
8 Diagram Pole Fighter
Legendary Weapons of China
Prodigal Son
Fist of Legend
Shaolin Challenges Ninja
Martial Club

These are all or mostly movies featuring Lau Kar Leung, who is a real practitioner.