Tonight it's my class

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tonight it's TKD class, as last times I can conclude sambunim will leave me the class to teach/intsruct, last time I focus the class on roundhouse kicks (dolyo chagui), ax kicks and some ahn chaguis and bahkat cahgi, then we did some free kickcing exercises and finished with hand/kicks combos, example jab then cross and then front kick or back fist followed by side kick.

What can I teach today? my class mates late at night are one yellow blet and two white belts, maybe poomse but don't know if they are too fresh for one step aparring.

Manny

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not a TKDer myself but when I teach an aikido class for the lower ranked students like that I try to find something that all of them need to work on equally... the basics or allow the yellow belt to fine tune some of his white belt techniques with his dojang mates. No training is wasted training at that level (or any level for that matter if it's quality training) so just go with the flow and you'll do fine. ;)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kibon-basics: stances, blocks, punches, front/side/round kicks.

Have fun with them!

DBZ

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Doing alot of kicks is always fun :)

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Teaching, cool. Warm up basic blocks, kicks, poomse. As much as you like self defenses try to show some basic releases from single handed grab. These are simple techniques can lead to some interesting stuff, and can be built upon later.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Poomse is always good, and one steps are not that complicated either, just avoid overload! (we got a set of 5 for each the yellow and white belt adults, they are easy, but take a lot of coordination for the beginner types.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about modeling after your instructor, that will show you have really been paying attention to the details.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sometimes you can have fun while conditioning. Make games out of obstacle courses and such. Or setup stations that have different exercises and have the students rotate between them every 30 seconds or so.

You do not always have to train technical drills but can make a class out of conditioning and have fun with it at the same time, breaks up the monotony.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...then we did some free kickcing exercises and finished with hand/kicks combos, example jab then cross and then front kick or back fist followed by side kick.

What can I teach today? my class mates late at night are one yellow blet and two white belts, maybe poomse but don't know if they are too fresh for one step aparring.
When I teach my monday night class, typically I have a game plan started on about friday. This gives me time to alter, or adjust some of the drills we cover. In the middle of the class I will change on the fly as needed.
Example:
Lead back knuckle, reverse punch, lead leg roundhouse to the groin.
Jab, cross, step through front kick.
Shuffle jab, cross, hook, lead leg side kick.
these are obviously just sample, examples of what I do. There is more, much more that goes on. I spend usually 30 or so minutes just on these drills. As soon as they reach the end of the mat, they turn around & do it back up the mat. Then we switch up the techniques, rearrange & so on.

Find your nitche.
jason

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did not made it!! Sorry I leaved the office to late and can't make it, I was frustated in some way but ....... jeezzzz well it's don't worth to sorrow.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
having a real life sucks some days, don't worry, you get another chance!