TMA Stances compared with snapshots from MMA

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Every time I see one of those idiotic shows about how aliens helped the ancients build the great monuments of their civilizations supposedly "because even modern science can't figure out how they did it" ...I think what a bunch of lunacy. Of course the ancients figured out stuff we've forgotten about. They were just as smart as the brightest minds of our times ...and maybe smarter, because back then, the dumb and weak died off.
ha ha ha. I say something similar. I blame the large amount of stupid people on this planet due to the lack of things that normally would eat the dumb.

people like this

And this

wouldn't live long enough to spread their stupidity. lol

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not to mention people with physical disabilities, even things as common as near-sightedness. No glasses, no contact lenses, no lasik, no optometrists back in the day. Didn’t see that ravine? Didn’t see that sharp rock that you just stepped on? Didn’t see that venomous snake near the path? Didn’t see that tiger lurking on the outskirts of the village?

Game over.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not to mention people with physical disabilities, even things as common as near-sightedness. No glasses, no contact lenses, no lasik, no optometrists back in the day. Didn’t see that ravine? Didn’t see that sharp rock that you just stepped on? Didn’t see that venomous snake near the path? Didn’t see that tiger lurking on the outskirts of the village?

Game over.
ha ha ha. it was probably easier to know who your true friends were back then. Being a team player was probably crucial to survival. Here's an exercise. Based on what you know of people in MT. If you had to be stuck back in time without any way of getting back to modern times. Who would you team up with in MT? Lets say you could only take 8 people with you. Who would you take to be part of your little group? You'll quickly identify people who can be trusted and people who might be able to help.

I can only assume that a lot of use would be looking for the Team players. People who aren't going to take advantage of each other. So when that tiger comes they understand that it's better to stay together than to run in an attempt to save their own skin.

I prefer this guy.

i-am-not-saying.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
ha ha ha. it was probably easier to know who your true friends were back then. Being a team player was probably crucial to survival. Here's an exercise. Based on what you know of people in MT. If you had to be stuck back in time without any way of getting back to modern times. Who would you team up with in MT? Lets say you could only take 8 people with you. Who would you take to be part of your little group? You'll quickly identify people who can be trusted and people who might be able to help.

I can only assume that a lot of use would be looking for the Team players. People who aren't going to take advantage of each other. So when that tiger comes they understand that it's better to stay together than to run in an attempt to save their own skin.

I prefer this guy.

i-am-not-saying.jpg
Neils Degrasse Tyson is an actual astrophysicist. If he says there's probably an alien out there, I'm gonna stick with him. :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Neils Degrasse Tyson is an actual astrophysicist. If he says there's probably an alien out there, I'm gonna stick with him. :)
jump off the deep end with me. Lets go with the guy with crazy hair and theories how everything was and is aliens

This is just a taste of all the worldly knowledge that you'll gain. lol. It'll blow your mind. How they piece things together. The best part about it is. People back then didn't speak in colorful language so everything they say must have been the truth, word, for word.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Buddism was born:
Buddhism, founded in the late 6th century B.C.E. by Siddhartha Gautama (the "Buddha"), is an important religion in most of the countries of Asia. Buddhism has assumed many different forms, but in each case there has been an attempt to draw from the life experiences of the Buddha, his teachings, and the "spirit" or "essence" of histeachings (called dhamma or dharma) as models for the religious life. However, not until the writing of the Buddha Charita (life of the Buddha) by Ashvaghosa in the 1st or 2nd century C.E. do we have acomprehensive account of his life. The Buddha was born (ca. 563 B.C.E.) (source:The Origins of Buddhism)

Science was born:
Earliest evidence of science dates back to Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia in around 3500 to 3000 BCE.

Science is older than Buddism, Older Christianity, Older than Kung Fu.

The Djoser Step Pyramid in Saqqara, Egypt was constructed by Imhotep (Djoser's royal architect) c.2630 BC.
Architecture is the art and science of designing buildings and structures. The process of making brick is a science.

Science is older than Buddism. Science is older than Kung Fu.

Kung fu is not a Chinese invention at all. It is the basis of all animal and human advancement. It's right there in the hanzi, 功夫.

The concept of kung fu predates the entire recorded history of scientific inquiry.

This concept predates China. If you really want to argue, Darwinian Evolution is an almost perfect scientific expression of the natural kung fu of the whole animal kingdom, which is why your 21st century martial art has its basis in no less than 6 different animals that are millions of years old, (or like the dragon, may have never existed at all).

A baby bird cannot fly without practicing his kung fu. A baby boy can not walk without practicing that kung fu. And your Jow Ga ancestors trained a lot and developed physical health guidelines for you to prevent many types of issues that arise from all kinds of TMA stances.

Don't you want to stay on-topic with discussion of Jow Ga herbs, liniments, nutritional guidance for safer and healthier Wei Gong training? I'm surprised you're not more interested, but it's up to you. I'm not here to force feed anyone.

Seriously though, avoid salt while doing any sort of TMA stancework as much as possible, especially deep ma bo and footwork transitions to other stances like any type of gung bo (e.g. jee ng ma bo), or you will suffer later in life.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions