TKD would be reccomender for girls... Right...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My wife, the lovely Veronica, has trained western boxing, old school Tae-Kwon Do, grappling and American full contact Karate for thirty years.

Everybody has to be doing something when they die, if you want to be punching her in the breasts, that would be your choice. More power to you. I'd get a kick out of it.

This is her with her grappling instructor, Rickson.

original-52d2c5ad7de4c9a8d1195133d914dd89.jpg

original-808668e57ce82bf01acd967c78599a3d.jpg

And there is nothing in the world that that women loves to do more than fight.

Take your best breast shot, I dare you.

Last edited:

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was doing light contact sparring once with a woman and did a push kick to the hogu. She got upset and yelled at me that it was light contact. To a guy, I think a push kick would be light contact in that it is not a hard HIT. To her, it was not light contact.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was doing light contact sparring once with a woman and did a push kick to the hogu. She got upset and yelled at me that it was light contact. To a guy, I think a push kick would be light contact in that it is not a hard HIT. To her, it was not light contact.
I'm not really sure how that's relevant to the discussion at hand.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well not really, light contact is the same for everyone, you were going too hard full stop, not too hard for her in particular but harder than light contact. Men aren't all six foot and weighing 18 stone, they also come in all shapes and sizes, I've known a lot of strong women in fact across the village from me lives a lady called Donna Moore, think you might be stronger than her? About - DONNA MOORE

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about the net force of the tkd punch, but the damage it inflicts.

You may want to consider that the net force of a blow isn't exactly unrelated to the amount of damage it inflicts. It isn't the only variable, but it is an important one.

Pax,

Chris

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well not really, light contact is the same for everyone, you were going too hard full stop, not too hard for her in particular but harder than light contact. Men aren't all six foot and weighing 18 stone, they also come in all shapes and sizes, I've known a lot of strong women in fact across the village from me lives a lady called Donna Moore, think you might be stronger than her? About - DONNA MOORE
I'm not going to bother looking her up. I didn't say I was stronger than anyone, nor that I was 18 stones. To me light contact is contact that touches without a hard hit. For example grappling martial arts are "soft styles" because there is no hard strike by the opponent. If one person is more sensitive than another, then I can't help but think that the definition of "light" changes.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to bother looking her up. I didn't say I was stronger than anyone, nor that I was 18 stones. To me light contact is contact that touches without a hard hit. For example grappling martial arts are "soft styles" because there is no hard strike by the opponent. If one person is more sensitive than another, then I can't help but think that the definition of "light" changes.
And I still wonder what that has to do with the conversation.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You didn't say person at first though now you have changed it, you obviously saw my point. Of course your post has nothing to do with the thread, you just wanted to say this woman was weak.
I don't think you understood my post because being six foot and 18 stone wasn't a comment aimed at you at all, just something to say you shouldn't generalise.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
You didn't say person at first though now you have changed it, you obviously saw my point. Of course your post has nothing to do with the thread, you just wanted to say this woman was weak.

I was talking about the comment earlier in the thread where someone wrote "Not to mention, a woman's weakness is right on her chest, all you'd have to do is break the distance and punch her in the breasts." And I wasn't she was weak, only that her chest was more sensitive than I would have anticipated.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the comment earlier in the thread where someone wrote "Not to mention, a woman's weakness is right on her chest, all you'd have to do is break the distance and punch her in the breasts." And I wasn't she was weak, only that her chest was more sensitive than I would have anticipated.

So, you punch a women in the breasts and claim it was her 'sensitiveness' not your over hard so called light contact that made her flinch. I see.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
So, you punch a women in the breasts and claim it was her 'sensitiveness' not your over hard so called light contact that made her flinch. I see.
Uh, no. We were wearing hogus, and it was a push kick to set up another kick. It was simply a technique I would do with anyone; I hadn't contemplated that it would be different for a woman given we were wearing full protective equipment..

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
TKD is for everyone, plus you can punch with power as well.

No, it's not. There is no MA that is for everyone. I've recommended a change to a different art to more than one student.

Not to mention, a woman's weakness is right on her chest, all you'd have to do is break the distance and punch her in the breasts.

I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous.

I seem to recall from your posts that you're both very young and very inexperienced. Comments like this certainly lend credence to that impression.

I smell a troll.

So do I, but I doubt it's who you're thinking of.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, no. We were wearing hogus, and it was a push kick to set up another kick. It was simply a technique I would do with anyone; I hadn't contemplated that it would be different for a woman given we were wearing full protective equipment..

No, it's not different for women, it was different for her. That was my point, would you judge all men by one man's reaction? Wearing protection there would have been no difference and not so different without it, it's simply this one woman who reacted like this, perhaps it was harder than she expected or you were harder than you thought, there's a number of reasons she could have reacted that way, it doesn't mean all women do. It doesn't mean strikes to a woman's breasts are effective strikes either.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A boxer and a tkd practritioner, both same height, same weight , same level of preparment walk into a bar... they trade punches... who will get KO'd !? we know the answer...
Yes, I do know the answer. It would be whoever got hit first.

Force is force. It doesn't matter who delivers the force. If I can punch hard enough to go through two inches of white pine board, I can certainly break bones in an opponent's body. And vice versa. Same for the goon off the street who doesn't know diddly about boxing or taekwondo, but manages to land a lucky haymaker.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yeah push kicks are hard to aim off.

I Think it would be the same as if I light contact push kicked a guy in the face.

A bit mean for the circumstance.
images

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, I do know the answer. It would be whoever got hit first.

Force is force. It doesn't matter who delivers the force. If I can punch hard enough to go through two inches of white pine board, I can certainly break bones in an opponent's body. And vice versa. Same for the goon off the street who doesn't know diddly about boxing or taekwondo, but manages to land a lucky haymaker.

It wont be a very big bone though.

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It wont be a very big bone though.

What an interesting question.

According to Wikipedia, the tensile strength of pine (breaking with the grain) is 40 MPa. The tensile strength of bone is about 3 times as much: 130 MPa. So presumably if you can break a 2-inch pine board, you could break a 2/3-inch-thick board made of bone?

Of course shape matters too: the bone of a human skull is only about 1/4-inch thick, but it's round so it's hard to break (like an egg shell).

Latest Discussions