TKD Kickboxer Steve Vick

SPX

Black Belt
Reaction score
I had never heard of this guy until a few days ago but I believe now that he's my new idol. Awesome TKD display in kickboxing. . .

Bonus Video: TKD Kickboxer and Actor Jerry Trimble

Last edited by a moderator:

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I heard of Vick from Kwonkicker on Youtube.Check out the list Kwonkicker has of amazing taekwondoin who were outstanding in kickboxing by merging the two disciplines (like I've been doing for decades). Gonna have to start sharing thee ole archival footage of me and my students sparring competing working security at various venues and other street stuff...

OP
S

SPX

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll have to give that a look. I got into a big argument about Kwonkicker with some other posters here awhile back. He's a cool guy.

EDIT: Sorry, no, that was on MAP. I forget where I am sometimes.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I loved Trimble back in the day. The guy had an ego that made Mayweather's look like a shrinking voilet, but he was exciting to watch! He's mellowed with age. Flashy fighters seem to be folks that people either love or hate boring, is one thing they rarely are.

OP
S

SPX

Black Belt
Reaction score
Trimble does some stuff in that vid that looks like something out of a video game. Like :42-:48.

OP
S

SPX

Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, the "full contact" ruleset gets too much heat.

I didn't used to like it, but lately I've come to appreciate different rulesets more and more, no longer thinking of one as being better than another, but rather them just being different.

Some of the stuff that both those guys do in those vids wouldn't be realistic under, say, muay Thai rules, but it's so awesome that I feel like there NEEDS to be a ruleset where we can see such beauty. Personally, I wish full contact rules would make a comeback.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I posted one of those vids on here some time back. He was an awesome competitor.