Tito Ortiz Vs. Demetrious Johnson

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
DJ no doubt. The most well rounded guy in all of mma can ko you or submit you or go the distance at a high pace and a genuine nice and humble guy whereas Tito was an arrogant jerk who was terrified to fight chuck Liddell and he's the reason we have all this interim title rubbish these days he's the one that started it

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Um, what's the catch-weight here?

Cause demitrius would fit in ortiz' pocket.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh really? So for the purposes of these threads we are supposed to imagine everyone is the same size?

Cause a guy that walks around at 130 pounds gets manhandled by a 230 pounder 99/100 times. DJ would get squished.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh really? So for the purposes of these threads we are supposed to imagine everyone is the same size?

Cause a guy that walks around at 130 pounds gets manhandled by a 230 pounder 99/100 times. DJ would get squished.
Okay buddy take a deep breath and don't take it so seriously

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess anything more than a sentence is taking it too seriously? LOL

This is a what if thread. I don't see why size isn't a factor when speculating about a fight. In fact, it's a huge factor.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

This is a what if thread. I don't see why size isn't a factor when speculating about a fight. In fact, it's a huge factor.

I see the tournament as selecting who was a better fighter......not who would win in an actual fight.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Too me Johnson is a much better fighter.....Johnson easy.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Essentially what CB stated. Read the first post of the link in this thread (or any of the x vs x threads), specifies that it's not just weight. Otherwise it would be pretty boring.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Too me Johnson is a much better fighter.....Johnson easy.
Without question. Tito was a decent wrestler that's it. The rest of his game was average at best and he frankly couldn't take a shot. When he got hit he crumbled simple as that. He never got knocked out cold he just always took a few then went down in the fetal position similar to lesnar. DJ has very rarely been in trouble in a fight

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well if it's a matter of skill it's a no brainier. All other things equal they aren't even in the same league skill wise.

Tito was always a one trick pony.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly skill wise I can't think of anyone who could compete with him. His weight is a shame, if he was a higher class, he would be much more famous than he is.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Even with the size difference I think that one could go either way.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I guess that excuse is as good as any.
LOL. Wait. You're suggesting Pickett would beat DJ now? He's 6-10 since that fight.

I think DJ, but as others have noted, it's not a given considering the size disparity. DJ is one of the most technically skilled fighters ever, but he's a little guy. would be an interesting test for the skill vs size discussions around here, though, if this were ever to really happen. :)

Latest Discussions