Thoughts on this

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would say check your local laws before ordering.

kgoffin

White Belt
Reaction score
I think a couple of things.
1- This is an 8$ knife. Quality is unlikely.
2- Results tend to vary state by state for your rules regarding them. Spring assisted tend to bypass the auto knife restriction because they require the the user to start the opening process before the mechanics take over, where auto knives you push a button and the mechanics fully open it without your help.
3- I own a "spring assist" and a full "auto" and a variety of standard thumb notch operated pocket knives. Depending on the size and quality of the knife, some of my standard knives are as quick or quicker to open than my auto.

With the way knives are engineered for one handed opening now, I honestly see very little value in assisted opening knives. Situationaly, there may be times when an auto knife offers advantages, but overall I don't think most people "need" them.

They can be kinda cool though.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ken brings up a great point. The speed difference between a one hand opening knife and a speed assist blade is minimal and probably not worth the arguement with a police office over whether the knife he just confiscated is a switchblade under the law.

kgoffin

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah. He posted in 2 places, and the other thread was the main one. I didn't see that before I posted here.

Latest Discussions