This is Weird

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SIMI VALLEY -- One local family whose loved one died in the Metrolink collision is still questioning something that happened that night.
They got several phone calls from 49-year-old Chuck Peck after the crash. But they now know he died on impact.
As firefighters worked to rescue survivors, family members said Peck's cell phone kept calling his son, his brother, his stepmother, his sister and his fiancee.
The calls stopped at 3:28 a.m., about an hour before Peck's body was found.
Investigators said they may never know how those calls were made because Peck's phone was never found.
They also say his body showed no sign that he lived even for a short time after the crash.
Article.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
strange

If the phone was never found I wonder if someone saw the crash, picked up the phone and tried to use it to call those listed on it

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a possibility that they can track the towers the phone was calling through (if they care enough to bother); if it's stationary and near the crash, I'd just chalk it up to freak combination of events causing the right damage to make it dial through the phone book or redial recent calls.

If it's mobile -- someone found it.

As to the phone not being found... No big surprise with the wreckage. They may find it in the coming months; they may even have already found it, and just not identified it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There's a possibility that they can track the towers the phone was calling through (if they care enough to bother); if it's stationary and near the crash, I'd just chalk it up to freak combination of events causing the right damage to make it dial through the phone book or redial recent calls.

If it's mobile -- someone found it.

As to the phone not being found... No big surprise with the wreckage. They may find it in the coming months; they may even have already found it, and just not identified it.
Oh sure take all the mystery out of it why don't cha? :wink1:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
strange

If the phone was never found I wonder if someone saw the crash, picked up the phone and tried to use it to call those listed on it

After my initial thoughts about electrical malfunctions, that was my second guess.

Now, despite being non-religious, I am more than open to somewhat mystical interpretations of events that are beyond current explanation. I have after all experienced quite a few such things in my life. But in this case I think the pragmatic argument that someone just nicked the phone is the simplest and most likely cause.

Of course, subsequent revelations may take us on an entirely different path.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In a way I kind of hope they find the remains of it and say it could never have been used to send those calls

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
strange

Bingo!

Or one of the other victims was alive just long enough to try to use the phone to dial several times before he/she died.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
kinda weird... you would think that if someone did pickup the phone and call the #s on it they would have said something to the family members who answered rather then let them hear empty air/ static.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh sure take all the mystery out of it why don't cha? :wink1:
Sorry... didn't realize we were after mystery.

How's this:

Clearly, his spirit was desperate to ease the family, and could only manipulate the weak electrical fields of the cell phone, causing it to dial the numbers. Had anyone receiveing the calls simply had the foresight to have their phones connected to an appropriate, high end tape recorder, they'd have heard white noise, which when properly processed and filtered would reveal itself to be his dying declaration of love for his family, mending the decades old rift between him and a sibling, encouraging his wife to move on and be happy, and giving the kids that last bit of wisdom to put their lives in order.

Better? ;)

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya'll are too funny. :D I'm sure there's a *logical* explanation somewhere, but I thought it was spooky. I mean really, it made like 35 calls, and why would it go directly to voicemail on the call backs instead of ringing first like it does when the phone is turned on with no answer?

Yep, clearly his spirit was desperate to ease his family. Twilight Zone. That's what I'm going with. :D

Latest Discussions