Things that make me go hmmm

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was approaching that as a mental exercise as well. Theoretically, how would you try to get concepts across without some kind of form, is basically what I was asking.

Just thinking about it I can only speculate that in the beginning it would be rather boring training for most.

The Xingyi bits are standing training which is far from exciting and generally painful and Xingyi Neigong which is not all that exciting, working on internal and at times it hurts the rest is Sanda which would be pretty much a whole lot of drills, which are rather repetitive and painful and then physical training, sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups kind of thing. Later you get into 2 person apps and sparing.

The key however, IMO, would be to get the internal to a point where the physical training worked at a more internal level and that would take a lot of time.

What you could possibly end up with is a MA that is far from pretty to watch, with no actual forms that is rather direct, fast and hits like a truck with Qinna and Shuaijiao. Not all that different from other CMA styles actually

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Each individual's experiences, including their martial training, combine to make a uniquely individual style regardless of what we claim to train in.

So, in essence, you are creating your own style every time you train and/or cross train.

If you find value in the teachings of many arts (many of us do) then run with it!

Though I mainly claim American Kenpo as my "art", I've trained in others and they and my experiences combine to make "my own style." I routinely mix & match...often without even thinking about it. If it works it works, doesn't matter what you call it.

Just don't hide your findings and results. Share them with the rest of us so we too can benefit from your experience.

Latest Discussions