Things Republicans Believe

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good Lord, people are taking this seriously.

We're doomed.

Just chuckle at it, whether against you or against 'them', and click on to the next knife defense thread or whatever.

T

TonyM.

Curious. Since 1861 the dems and reps have completely flipflopped their positions. In the last election both major canidates were members of the same secret society, skull and bones. Me thinks something is so rotten in the state of Danmark that I can't even find these jokes funny.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Good Lord, people are taking this seriously.

We're doomed.

Just chuckle at it, whether against you or against 'them', and click on to the next knife defense thread or whatever.
What Democrats believe.

1.Anything bad posted about Republicans

2.Nothing Bad posted about Democrats

in other words.."ha ha yes all that stuff about Republicans is true. Hey! all that crap about Democrats is...well...crap!"

Whats good for the goose...

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
What Democrats believe.

2. American Indians were better off living in the stone age than their descendants are now.

Been to a reservation lately? My wife's Aunt's home had a dirt floor the last time she was up on the White Earth Reservation. We might observe that the alcoholism rate among native Americans was somewhat lower before the Europeans landed...and their population higher. We killed them, enslaved them, took their land and then said we "bought it" from the French. It wasn't the French's to sell.

Most native american's don't live on reservations, that's just a myth. Those that do live on reservations, in abject poverty, have chosen to do so. Alcoholism was lower, however, pre-columbian native american culture was hardly a paradise. Contrary to the myth of the "noble savage" life, as a whole, was typical fierce, brutal and short.

hardheadjarhead said:
3. Christianity is evil, but Buddhism and New Age religions are okay.
hardheadjarhead said:
I love this one...THERE ARE NO CHRISTIAN DEMOCRATS. The implication here is that all Democrats are Buddhists and Raelians.

Personally, I think Buddhism IS okay. They tend to skip those nasty Inquisitions and stuff.

Religion is hardly my topic, nor do I believe that using religion for political gain is a Republican corner market. How many Reverends do we have in the radical left of the Democratic party?

hardheadjarhead said:
5. Capitalism is evil, but Communism was just poorly implemented.
hardheadjarhead said:
Probably why Democrats Truman, Kennedy, and Johnson got us involved in Korea and Vietnam...they wanted to properly implement communism.

Big difference between Harry Truman, John Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson and the modern democratic party. Keep in mind most of the modern democratic party has more in common with (and may actually be among) those during the 1960's who were in support of Communist regimes all over the planet. They just learned that tempering their motives down publicly was necessary to run for public officer (unless you're running in California or Massachusetts that is).

hardheadjarhead said:
7. Taxes should be raised.
hardheadjarhead said:
True. But only on the rich. Not on you, TGace. We gotta pay for W's war somehow. Or would Republicans suggest we take a collection?
You mean only someone else's taxes, right? It's a hallmark of leftism to believe that something should be done...by someone else.

hardheadjarhead said:
8. Government spending should be raised.
hardheadjarhead said:
George W. Bush is a Democrat?

Talk to us how he's slashed spending since he's come into office. He has yet to veto a spending bill.
Hardly, which is why many conservatives have been upset with Mr. Bush. Bush has done several things well outside of the party line.

hardheadjarhead said:
13. We must not allow private individuals to do anything that those in power find distasteful.
hardheadjarhead said:
Like marry the person they love, grow medical marijuana for treatment of chronic pain...oops...I forgot. We're talking about Democrats, not Republicans.
Medical marijuana for treatment of chronic pain? I never knew so many people lived with chronic pain. Half of California suddenly developed "chronic" pain.

hardheadjarhead said:
17. Islam is a religion of peace.
hardheadjarhead said:

That's exactly how he's described Islam in at least one State of the Union address.
He certainly did describe it that way. That's what politicians do. I, however, am far less diplomatic. Wahhabist Islam, for example, has as much to do with peace as an atomic bomb has to do with brain surgery.

hardheadjarhead said:
19. The internment of Japanese citizens and their American-born children during the war was more evil than anything done by Japan, and motivated purely by racism.
hardheadjarhead said:
Not at all...just a little bit beneath us, don't you think?
Blame that great american Repub...I mean Democrat FDR.

hardheadjarhead said:
20. It is okay for homosexuals to publicly condemn Christians, but not okay for Christians to criticize homosexuals in any way.
hardheadjarhead said:
THERE ARE NO CHRISTIAN HOMOSEXUALS. Thanks for pointing that out.
Not in any real meaningful way. If you truly believe that the god of the bible exists, then it's very clear that he doesn't accept homosexual lifestyles. If you don't believe he exists, then there is no contradiction. However, believing he exists pretty much makes it clear that you believe homosexuality is unacceptable. So, being a christian and a practicing homosexual seems a bit of a contradiction. I just wish people would make up their minds. Myself, I could care less. I don't believe homosexuality is a mortal sin. On the other hand, I don't believe in mortal sin.

hardheadjarhead said:
21. It's only cheating if you get caught.
hardheadjarhead said:
Enron head Ken Lay, George W. Bush's biggest campaign contributor in 2000, would agree with you.
Ken Lay did contribute money to Bush's campaign. That's only part of the truth. He also contributed significant money to numerous other politicians such as....Bill Clinton, Sheila Jackons Lee, Chuck Hagel, and many, many more. Seems he was greasing both sides of the skids. To merely claim that he donated money to George Bush is to be deceptive in the name of making a point. It is clear that Ken Lay was trying to keep friends on both sides of the political divide. If you are going to make the claim that George W. Bush is corrupted for receiving money from Ken Lay, then you have to make the same claim with Clinton, Lee, Hagel and many others. http://www.newsmeat.com/ceo_political_donations/Ken_Lay.php

hardheadjarhead said:
22. Global warming is real, and is mostly caused by Americans.
hardheadjarhead said:
Actually, that's true. We do claim that. We're also right.
Which part is right. That global warming is caused by Americans? lol.

hardheadjarhead said:
23. It is okay to lie, if you are doing it for a worthy political purpose.
hardheadjarhead said:

WMD's, anyone?

How about Cheney lying during his debate with John Edwards? That was a real zinger.

No one credible doubted at the time Hussein had WMD. The only question was where they went. The people who do doubt it are the ones who A) Claim that we sold Saddam Hussein the WMD which they B) Claim he didn't have.

hardheadjarhead said:
24. It is okay to slander someone, if it is for a worthy political purpose.
hardheadjarhead said:

(As John McCain about the slander issue.)
Much like calling anyone who disagrees with their opinion fascists. I've heard that term thrown about a lot by folks on the left to describe anyone who disagrees with them politically.

hardheadjarhead said:
28. It would be a good thing if America were defeated in Iraq.
hardheadjarhead said:
No. No we don't think that.

Many Democrats would think it good had we never gone in there at all.
Past tense. Now that we're there, they'll take us getting defeated as second best.

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
Problem with political dogmatics is that they believe their side is 100% right, and other side are all demons. Truth is, Democrats are idiots on quite a few issues.....so are Republicans, the difference is the issues.

I wouldn't trust most Democrats with a foreign policy if my life depends on it (which it just might). Nor do I trust Democrats on criminal justice issues. They're just as likely to free a criminal as incarcerate them.

I don't trust Republicans to protect me from predatory business practices. I also don't trust them on the environment. Nor do I trust them on any issue that involves big business. I'm am happy with Bush's response on foreign policy for the most part. It is Bush's domestic policies I have often taken issue with.

Ideal in my mind is a Conservative President and Court and Liberal control of both houses of Congress. That would be close as we could get to ideal in my opinion.

The irony about the lists of attibutes being thrown back and forth on this thread is....they are ALL true. They are good to at least point out the flaws in each side in a humorous way. Democrats and Republicans are guilty of many of the allegations made on those lists.

In all honesty, no party is every going to convince me they have all the answers. It's an argument summed up best like this...."mmmmmm Republicans bad, Democrats gooooodddd" and vice-versa. If someone thinks one side is right on every issue....they might be an idiot.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rock on Steve.

One in particular....

3. Christianity is evil, but Buddhism and New Age religions are okay.

I love this one...THERE ARE NO CHRISTIAN DEMOCRATS. The implication here is that all Democrats are Buddhists and Raelians.
Yup, me and my other left-leaning friends, who tend to vote Democrat (or Green, or Libertarian, etc.) and who are Christian are mighty glad to be dismissed out of hand.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why is it that the "Libs" on the board have a bigger "boo boo lip" over this stuff than the "cons"? Bob posted a list of "Things Republicans believe" and asked for a counterpoint comparison.

So what? All the Rep. stuff is "true" and the Dem. stuff is "false"? Its all about viewpoint and agenda. Goose/Gander.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I want to know is why lately every discussion in the Study seems to turn into a Left vs Right / Democrat vs Rebuplican argument. Which of course leads to fascism and communism soon following...

I really don't see how every issue that can be debated has a right wing answer and a left wing answer, it would seem that people could be both Christian and left wing... I mean isn't the core of the teachings about charity towards others, donating to the church so that is can help the poor?

I think we need a version of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Anytime someone starts tossing "left/right" wing nonsense into any issue they lose. Both your parties have huge faults (as do all of ours, and probably every other countries as well...) and to think that one parties take on every issue is "correct" is well... ok, I got no nice word here :D

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your probably right. We can trade stuff like this till the cows come home. Hasnt really found any common ground for any of us eh?

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
What Democrats believe.

2. American Indians were better off living in the stone age than their descendants are now.

Been to a reservation lately? My wife's Aunt's home had a dirt floor the last time she was up on the White Earth Reservation. We might observe that the alcoholism rate among native Americans was somewhat lower before the Europeans landed...and their population higher. We killed them, enslaved them, took their land and then said we "bought it" from the French. It wasn't the French's to sell.
"We" who? My forebearers came to the US in 1874, killed zero Indians and enslaved zero. I'll have to do research to find out how much land they "stole" or if it was "vacant" when great-great-great grandpa built his first mud-hut.
hardheadjarhead said:
28. It would be a good thing if America were defeated in Iraq.

No. No we don't think that.

Many Democrats would think it good had we never gone in there at all.
I suppose the US could restore Saddam to his position as president of Iraq, leave the country and pay reparations for all the damage caused.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ray said:
"We" who? My forebearers came to the US in 1874, killed zero Indians and enslaved zero. I'll have to do research to find out how much land they "stole" or if it was "vacant" when great-great-great grandpa built his first mud-hut.
A mud-hut? Where had he set himself up?

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marginal said:
A mud-hut? Where had he set himself up?
Emery County, Utah. It may have been more than a hut, but it was one room and made of mud & straw. It was a temporary first home.

K

Karushi

This is kinda funny... My belief is that we should get rid of "republicans this" "democrats that" and just all become Americans!

Bob Hubbard said:
Jesus loves you, and shares your hatred of
homosexuals and Hillary Clinton.
Now this is ridiculous because (NOTE: I am not a crazed christian, in fact I am agnostic and I could give a crap about going to hell) if you really are a part of a Judeo-Chritian riligion you must have some kind of hate of at least dis-like of homosexuals because and I quote from the Bible "homosexuality is an abomination" Now in my book an abomination is really bad. Note that this word is only use again when describing Satan. I respect the differences of gay/lesbians because I am not christian but those of you who are and except homosexuals, you should probably get a new religion (JUST KIDDING!) but atleast read your own book.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Karushi said:
This is kinda funny... My belief is that we should get rid of "republicans this" "democrats that" and just all become Americans!
IMO, most democrats and republicans {and most "everybodies"} truely want "good" for "the people;" they {we} just can't agree on what the best way to help others is.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not every one takes everything in the bible as literal. There is a good deal of metaphor, story telling, and cultural values of the time. Many of the other cultural values seem to be ok to ignore by everyone.

Anyways, a quick web search brought this up which shows the relevant quotes and both sides of the interpretation:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3205727.stm

Also, the bible says nothing about women being Gay, so I guess that is ok?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ray said:
IMO, most democrats and republicans {and most "everybodies"} truely want "good" for "the people;" they {we} just can't agree on what the best way to help others is.
or even which "people" ;)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find both sides of this argument funny... The posts about "this side believes" that is... not the sillyness that followed.

BUT...

I have to say that to everyone who thinks if you are Christian you MUST hate Homosexuals by mandate, you are wrong.

Im Christian, I have Homosexual friends, and I dont hate them or their lifestyle, I just choose not to partake. Its not MY place to tell them they are right or wrong.

Latest Discussions