There Is No Rhyme Or Reason

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My father died at 68 years of age. He was a good man that took care of his health and the people that he loved. Charles Manson is still alive at 78 years of age. He's living the dream. We pay to keep this skum alive. I have to question God on this. WHY? What is God's plan? Reward murderers and take the lives of good people early? Besides my father, there are many friends of mine that have died young that didn't deserve to. Maybe I need to re think how I live my life. I don't expect any responses to this. Just want to say my faith has been shaken. Don't give a **** anymore.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very sorry, Tames :asian:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
1st, off-that's a hard blow. I'm sorry for your loss.

At times like this, when confronted with questions like yours, I usually go to Augustine:

If you understand it, then it is not God-Augustine of Hippo.

Keep the faith. Manson's life isn't the one he wanted, and what waits for him...well, it's not for us to say..it's God's, get it? Man has done all that we can for Manson's crimes-he was sentenced to death, but, by the laws of California, and the U.S., he still lives......it's not fair, but neither is life.

Nor, mostly, is God-God's unfair. That much, at least, of the Creator, I understand...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Many hugs.
Why or why not, I don't think there is an answer to the question that has puzzled mankind since the advent of conscious thinking.
Where to? Who knows.

Don't think of a person as deranged as Manson when you mourn your father.
It does not good.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My sympathies, TD. With the loss of my wife, a light went out of the world and the meaning went out of life, so I understand all too well the thoughts and feelings you are going through.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss. One can only hope that in the fullness of time you will be reunited.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have some thoughts on this very topic, but I'll wait till you feel like discussing them. Your loss is pretty hard right now. I hope the best for you and your family.

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
My condolences. Faith is a fickle thing. Give time a chance. What God there may be probably doesn't keep human time line. There may be a time when you are more at peace and your perspective on life and loss may change.

aedrasteia

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Tames

Deep gassho, so many of us know the loss in the heart.

Please tell us more about your father. He is the one we can appreciate and learn from.

Help us see and feel what you saw in him.

with respect,

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My sincere apologies. My father didn't pass away recently. I didn't realize that is how it appeared in my op. That was not my intention.
I was reading an article on Manson and felt a little anger that he is still alive at 78 years of age, and good people like my father died at a relatively young age. I was just venting a little.
But thank you for the nice comments. You are all good people.

Edit: Gran, you can remove the rep if you wish, I will understand :)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Your father may not have passed away recently, but the grief can still linger and be stirred up unexpectedly. You have my condolences...

As far as faith is concerned, as someone who has accepted the reality that there are no gods except the ones that humans invent, I can tell you from bitter experience, the only way to forgive the universe for it's blatant hypocrisy is to accept that there is no larger plan, no greater consciousness, and no omnipotent power in charge of it. All we have are each other and the ill chance of circumstance is merely ill luck.

May you find peace.

Latest Discussions