The ultimate martial art and grandmaster

OP
I

islandtime

Originally posted by Kirk

ROFL! Too true! Ironic that he misspelled the work knowledge,
huh? What is he, 25? His "senior master" in the pictures looks
all of 15!

I just checked the site.. The link was down....Probably due to lack of interest.

Gene Gabel:D

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by MartialArtist

Ummm...

His website is n00bishly designed, more like a 6 year old designed it for fun instead of it being a professional looking site like it should be.

HAHA, I agree, I have a baby nephew who can design more professional and well done webpages. Also, whats up with his lack of grammer and punctuation? Grandmaster in 5 years, but I'm still waiting for my High School Diploma! :rofl:

OP
H

hubris

This guy looks more like he wants to be a stylist than a martial artist. I'm not disrespecting stylists - I could use one. I just realized that I have a cleaning tag stuck on the end of my suit jacket.

Anyhoo, I hope some of the Michigan contigent will make tracks to visit this infant phenomena. And thanks for the heads up on the Martial Arts Gene. That explains so very many mysteries to me.

"Don't show off and act dumb."

OP
B

bscastro

I think he is like many young martial artists who aspire to some day create a martial art and be famous. Luckily, many young martial artists just keep it to themselves and learn better when they get older.

If he really wants to be famous, he should put up the Xin Shenti Challenge, similar to the Gracie challenge.

But seriously, he could have tried starting to teach his little class and after 10 years, then he could have whipped out the web site and we wouldn't be laughing as hard!

Cheers,
Bryan

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by bscastro

But seriously, he could have tried starting to teach his little class and after 10 years, then he could have whipped out the web site and we wouldn't be laughing as hard!

Cheers,
Bryan

opperative words there....."AS HARD". lol

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Richard S.

WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!!!!!!!!................

unmistakable- smells like teen chi...

perhaps he meant "grungemaster"? is he located in Seattle?

jkn75

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, here is the response to the email I sent (the quote is on the first page of the thread).

I was glad to get your email. well we dont use
any belt system the reason for that is becouse while I
was studying in the american taekwondo assocation I
had alot of problems with the people that had black
belts it seemed like they would give just any body a
black belt if they had the money for it I watched alot
of black belts that you would think were white belts
it was realy dissapointing so instead I test you when
I feel that you have earned the chance. we have three
levels beginner intermediate and advanced.
we use the staff,kali,sticks and we do some knofe
traninf and self deffense agenst guns. I have just
recently moved my school into my home since I have
just moved and next year I will be opening one up in
virginia beach. thank you for sending me this email
and please feel free to write agian.

Kevin Lee

(Note: this is not modified in any way from what he sent, I copied and pasted it and then put it into the quote format.)

This speaks for itself I think. I sent another email asking about what you learn and when it is learned.

Stay tuned. :D

OP
H

hubris

Ach, this is so sad. He reminds me of the Robert DeNiro character in the Scorces movie with Jerry Lewis and Cybill Sheppard. Remember that character? He wanted to be a talk show host, and he had built a studio set in his bedroom where he talked and joked with cardboard cutouts of Liza Minnelli. Now and then his mom would yell at him asking him what he was doing. I can just picture this Lee kid throwing balls of chi around the room while his mother asks him when he's going to get a job.

"Don't show off and act dumb."

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:rofl:

I'm looking forward to reading the next email from him, if I can make out the giberish. Does his mommy care if he trains in his house ? I wonder what he charges for classes ? Maybe I'll write him too :D

7sm

OP
H

hubris

If that Lee kid lived in my neighborhood, every NIMBY on the block would be ratting him out to the Zoning Board for running a business out of his house. Now that would be an interesting fight - The Chi Kid vs. the Zoning Board. He could stun them all into silence by throwing chi around or bending spoons.

OP
T

tonbo

Hey, there is at least ONE good thing that this style can teach you.....excellent breath control! No, really!! The master's email even indicates such, although *very* subtly.....observe:

Read the master's response out loud. Just before the second "sentence" ("well we don't use..."), take a deep breath. Now read the second "sentence" at a normal pace, trying to get the whole thing out in one breath. It's a challenge, no? Keep training, grasshopper....it will come.

Wow. This guy just keeps getting better and better.

Oh, and a NIMBY? "Not In My Back Yard". Hehe...;)

:asian:

Peace--

OP
B

bscastro

I actually wonder how far he got in all of these systems he learned. I usually leave this stuff alone, but it's very funny. I think he was just waiting until he learned how to make web pages and put fancy stuff on his site to unleash his new art.

In any case, I still think the Xin Shenti Challenge would be the best way to promote his art.

Bryan

OP
H

hubris

NIMBY = "not in my backyard." A term of disparagement used by developers who want to put 100 condos and a strip mall on 2 acres of land. The developers cry and moan about the neighbors who go to the Planning Board and complain. NIMBY is a yin/yang sort of thing. Good NIMBY is saving open space, preserving the environment etc. Bad NIMBY is "I'm a suburban housewife with nothing to do but butt my nose in your affairs. Hey, Chi Boy, I see cars parked in your driveway at all hours of the day and night. I hear thumps and shouts. Are you trying to run a BUSINESS in a neighborhood that is zoned as RESIDENTIAL? No, don't try that 'ball of energy' nonsense on me, young man. I'm calling the mayor's office. After I've called your mother. Have a nice day. Love, Mrs. NIMBY."

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hehe... that makes sense...

I work for a governmental agency at the moment, and we get a lot of that...

sigh... waiting for the day when I can get back in the classroom after I get my master's because then they'll actually pay me enough money to live on.

OP
R

Richard S.

WHEW, MAN, ! ITS GETTING STRONGER!!!! I THINK IM GONNA...............

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jazkiljok

unmistakable- smells like teen chi...

perhaps he meant "grungemaster"? is he located in Seattle?

.........and this one time......I went to Grand Masters Camp..........

Michael

OP
Q

Qasim

Originally posted by bscastro

You're right, we wouldn't be laughing as hard. We'd be laughing even harder!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
J

J-kid

I was thinking............................

THis came into my mind why cant we all send 6 dollars to someone like don fry and he will use the money to travel around the world and destroy Mcdojos. I for one would give one days lunch money for that!!!!!