The Type of Men they are.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
If this thread is a about simple respect for brave men who died, perhaps the Study is the wrong place for it.

However, I believe that expressing your honor and patriotism without being angry at the situation in which these men are involved could be construed as a political statement. Think tacit agreement.

The road goes both ways.
You can be angry without having to express it every time the subject is brought up. You know, the "If you cant say somthing nice, dont say anything at all" rule could be used in some of these situations.

Imagine if Bush suddenly died of a heart attack, and it was posted here... while many people on this board dislike, no, hate the man, Posting :partyon: in the thread about his death would simply be tacky and inappropriate. A separate thread should be made for that.

I'm so glad this point had to be made and refuted so I could get dragged into the argument. Next time, I'll just find a Mod who is not involved to tell you people to stay on topic... I'm DONE in this thread.

R

rmcrobertson

I am sorry, T'punk, that you feel so strapped for arguments and evidence that you must rely on personal insults.

That will end my participation in this thread.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I dont care about why they are there. I care when will end and those that served their tour, should be allowed to come home. war has always been tied to either religion or politics. To which the military has to suffer. but, hey, this is what a military is for-war.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Americans who have never had a problem with the place of Warriors in their culture, or how they should be viewed, treated or thought of....The Native Americans.

http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/nativeamerican01/warrior.html

As As the 20th century comes to a close, there are nearly 190,00 Native American military veterans. It is well recognized that, historically, Native Americans have the highest record of service per capita when compared to other ethnic groups. The reasons behind this disproportionate contribution are complex and deeply rooted in traditional American Indian culture. In many respects, Native Americans are no different from others who volunteer for military service. They do, however, have distinctive cultural values which drive them to serve their country. One such value is their proud warrior tradition.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
You can be angry without having to express it every time the subject is brought up. You know, the "If you cant say somthing nice, dont say anything at all" rule could be used in some of these situations.
Sometimes saying nothing is saying something...

I'm going to follow Robert's lead. Arnisador is right.

Mr. English (and others) I respect your service and your will to give your lives for our country. Your intent is honorable. I question the mission...

T

TonyM.

Got here late. This type of heroic behavior on the part of the marines is so typical that many folks are used to it and expect it. In Vietnam many battles were won by the marines with hand me down gear from the army and sometimes Korean war vintage. Typically the army would show up late and take credit. As a Ranger we were amused by all the political posturing, and the marines liked us. Never could understand why the DOD treated them like second class soldiers.

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Gotta love the Marines...

"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!"

-Col. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

When the Marines were cut off behind enemy lines and the Army had written the 1st Marine Division off as being lost because they were surrounded by 22 enemy divisions. The Marines made it out inflicting the highest casualty ratio on an enemy in history and destroying 7 entire enemy divisions in the process. [An enemy division is 16500+ men while a Marine division is 12500 men]
Hey like to see that. Got any reports and things of it?
Kind Regards

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TonyM. said:
Got here late. This type of heroic behavior on the part of the marines is so typical that many folks are used to it and expect it. In Vietnam many battles were won by the marines with hand me down gear from the army and sometimes Korean war vintage. Typically the army would show up late and take credit. As a Ranger we were amused by all the political posturing, and the marines liked us. Never could understand why the DOD treated them like second class soldiers.
Well, I dont care if they were Marines, Rangers, Navy, Army, etc., in war they all die the same.

Latest Discussions