The Type of Men they are.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I never saw a lack of respect on this thread. The tragic sacrifices all soldiers (and civilians) have made for their country merits nothing but the deepest respect and honor.

It looks like the political agenda almost got drug into this thread, but y'all did an excellent job of bringing it back around to the original topic. Please don't pollute this threat with political opinions regard the morality of war. If you want to go there, start another thread as this thread should not be hijacked as it is demeaning to the spirit of the original intent in honoring our fallen ones.

Respectfully,
-Michael

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice job rmcrobertson.

It takes a big man to try and turn a thread respecting Marines into a place for bashing the current administration and conservatives in general.

You should be proud.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ginshun said:
Nice job rmcrobertson.

It takes a big man to try and turn a thread respecting Marines into a place for bashing the current administration and conservatives in general.

You should be proud.
People's feelings are very complex regarding this issue. It sometimes can be diffitcult to separate and filter various components. And I think that it is impossible to do so for some...therefore the only option is to not post.

In a very real sense, what has been demanded is self-censorship and that is as American as apple pie, unfortunately.

B

Blind

dubljay said:
I have nothing but a deep respect for those who willingly swear an oath to protect our country. The way I see it is like this: Regardless of politics related to this war, those who serving in the millitary, regardless of the reasons they joined in the first place, they are fighting to keep my family, friends, and myself safe. The least I can do for these brave souls is to give my thoughts and prayers for their safety, and to thank them and their family for the sacrafices they have made. These men and women deserve gratitude and respect from every American citizen, for that is who they are wearing that uniform for, that is who they are bleeding for, that is who they have sacrificed for.

:asian:

-Joshua
I would totally agree with you if I could see how the deaths of those dying are of benefit to every American citizen. Or any American citizen not related to the oil industry for that matter, unless of course you care to come out and say it is an act of aggression on another country to preserve the American way of life??

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blind said:
I would totally agree with you if I could see how the deaths of those dying are of benefit to every American citizen. Or any American citizen not related to the oil industry for that matter, unless of course you care to come out and say it is an act of aggression on another country to preserve the American way of life??
Well... "Spreading Democracy" right? And Democracy makes the decissions in the States right? So Democracy must have decided this was in everyones best interest right?

/sarcasim

Whether or not we believe in the reasons behind the war, that is what those people do. They fight, unquestioning, when the government tells them too. They put there lives on the line so that the rest of us don't have too. They work together and bond in ways that go beyond what anyone in a nice safe office will ever understand.

Whether you, or I, or anyone believe the government is wrong in starting this war in no way effects the respect these people deserve for doing this job. They are there to give there lives if neccessary to protect us, and fight for us. And what is best for us is decided by the government, and they cannot question that, otherwise they are not doing there job.

If the government is not acting in what we believe to be our best interest that is where Democracy "should" kick in and changes made.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:
those Marines are American hero's. God bless their souls. it's a shame to see that their actions are not respected, even if you don't believe in them. those boys are more American than half the folks on this board. like it or not.

@ Phantom: enjoy the freedom you have to desecrate their actions. it's because of actions like this in our nation's history that you have such a right.

i don't see any agenda behind the posting of such graphic happenings. and if such a thing exists, it is paying homage and tribute to the American Soldier and what they stand for.
I am aware of how the men and women of the military protect our freedoms, and I very much appreciate their sacrifices. At no point did I say otherwise. What I did say was that it's unfortunate that they had to be there to make such sacrifice, because their reason for being there isn't deserving of such sacrifice on their part.

If pointing out the fact that their very noble sacrifices were necessitated by very ignoble circumstances is a desecration of their actions, then I would suggest that you reconsider how much you actually value their sacrifices and roles in protecting the nation.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and to all those who dinged me for my posts, please keep them coming. I need to balance out the green on my User CP with the red. Christmas is only 7 months away, after all. :asian:

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
People's feelings are very complex regarding this issue. It sometimes can be diffitcult to separate and filter various components. And I think that it is impossible to do so for some...therefore the only option is to not post.

In a very real sense, what has been demanded is self-censorship and that is as American as apple pie, unfortunately.
Liberals good, conservatives evil.

You are right, very complex.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ginshun said:
Liberals good, conservatives evil.

You are right, very complex.
That isn't what I'm saying at all. What I am pointing out is that there is social pressure for self-censoship in order to create a certain product. In essence, one is demanding the whole belief from some and the parts that agree from others and none at all from some.

The only result that can come from this is a charicature of people's feelings regarding our soldiers and the war in which they are involved. The cartoon looks good and feels good, but in no way does it reflect reality.

Many people's feelings about the subject of this thread are complex and cannot easily be sifted and differentiated. Be an American and speak your mind. Why let this thread become a silly peice of patriotic propaganda by demanding that everyone share only certain feelings?

This isn't PravdaTalk...btw.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RandomPhantom700 said:
I am aware of how the men and women of the military protect our freedoms, and I very much appreciate their sacrifices. At no point did I say otherwise. What I did say was that it's unfortunate that they had to be there to make such sacrifice, because their reason for being there isn't deserving of such sacrifice on their part.

If pointing out the fact that their very noble sacrifices were necessitated by very ignoble circumstances is a desecration of their actions, then I would suggest that you reconsider how much you actually value their sacrifices and roles in protecting the nation.

First of all I respect your opinion I don't agree with it, but I respect it. I didn't ding your reputation what I would like to see is this conveersation be moved somewhere elese and reference this thread because this thread should be about those Marines in the photo not whether we agree with the president or not.

Please keep this thread on topic (what does all those elected officials and there military background have to do with those Marines)

V/R

Rick English

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rick Wade said:
I would like to see is this conveersation be moved somewhere elese and reference this thread because this thread should be about those Marines in the photo not whether we agree with the president or not.

Please keep this thread on topic (what does all those elected officials and there military background have to do with those Marines)
Maybe a moderator would do the honors and seperate that into a new thread? It may make for a interesting discussion, but I don't think many will bite on it in this thread as it is off topic and takes away from the purpose of this thread....

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa,

I wasn't saying that was your thought process, I was actualy thinking of someone else.

what does all those elected officials and there military background have to do with those Marines
Absolutely nothing, unless you have an agenda.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ginshun said:
upnorthkyosa,

I wasn't saying that was your thought process, I was actualy thinking of someone else.

Absolutely nothing, unless you have an agenda.
I thought that since you quoted me...oh well...no big deal.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blind said:
My point is this: These men and women joined the millitary. They did not have to join. Regardless of the war they are involved in, regardless of the reasons they joined in the first place, these men and women put their lives on the line for us. If you can't respect someone for that, then well to be honest I don't think much of you as a person. It is that plain and simple.

R

rmcrobertson

I don't suppose it's ever occured to anybody that there's something wrong with using the fact that brave men and women are fighting for us, out in deserts, to make points and justify personal insults on a silly Internet forum?

J

Jaymeister

Each and everyone of those men and women deserve our respect :asian:

R

rmcrobertson

Really? Gosh, I hadn't known.

Does anybody ever wonder why that obvious point needs to be repeated so often, and used as a club against anybody who thinks this stupid war was a bad idea?

I know, I know...it's the Liberal Conspiracy. So does anybody ever wonder where that fantasy came from, or why we should revere the scummy likes of Ann Coulter and Michael Savage, who never did squat for their country except make a ton of money screaming that anybody they don't agree with is a traitor?

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
People should be reminded daily that Americans are giving their lives in service to our country...that you seem to have a problem with that is telling.

"People dont need to be constantly reminded" but I suppose that if the deaths are being used to advance a political agenda thats OK...:shrug:

R

rmcrobertson

That's nonsense, and repressive nonsense at that.

But then, I thought this was a democratic country.

Hey, here's a question: what do you call a country where the government and its minions spend all their time worrying over whether everybody's waving the flag enough? One where any time somebody says, "Gee, maybe that war was a bad idea," fifteen groundless accusations that they've attacked the military and hate their country appear? One where people spend all this time and energy scrutinizing their fellow citizens for signs of disloyalty?

Latest Discussions