The Type of Men they are.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
During hostile action in Iraq, a Marine is hit and wounded and this brave Marine comes to his aid while taking hostile fire. A second Marine comes to the rescue and is struck by an enemy round. In the attempt to evacuate the wounded Marine, the Marine to the left is fatally struck again by enemy fire and falls to the ground.

The Marine on the right will survive, but sadly the Marine on the left who came to rescue his fellow Marine would not survive.

These are the images you will not see on CNN, but as hard as they may be to look at, it is important to see them as Marines, to honor them, and to be filled with a sense of honor and respect for those brave men who have fallen and for those who would unselfishly risk their own lives for their fellow Marines

Attachments

• $1.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 269
  • $2.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 274
  • $3.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 275
  • $4.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 271

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have nothing but admiration and respect for men like this.

Semper Fi

I wouldn't be suprised if a few choice individuals who frequent this board will have less than venerating coments about them though.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Very honorable of them. It's unfortunate they had to make such decisions in the first place.
Always have to take the shot dont you?

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Theyre Marines. It makes no difference....

R

rmcrobertson

It is unfortunate that some are so far gone in hatred of their fellow Americans that they automatically assume that anybody who disagrees with them politically would reflexively insult American soldiers who--however they ended up there--are a) representing us, and b) fighting for their fellow soldiers. Personally, I don't need to be reminded every five minutes that brave men and women are out there risking their asses every day: I've known it since I was four years old.

I suspect it's because some have bought the ugly propaganda spouted by the likes of Michael Savage. I also suspect it's because some cannot tolerate the discussion and dissent that this country is all about. And I know it's because attacking other Americans and screaming about patriotism is a helluva sight easier actually thinking about issues and looking at reality.

I'll tell you something that's different from when I was a kid: too many people now feel perfectly OK about yapping that their fellow Americans are traitors and morally corrupt and whatever else.

Here's the difference between me and them: my theories tell me that I would be morally obligated to try and do the same thing those soldiers did if I possibly could, even if it was that SOB Mich. Savage out there. His theories tell him to leave me there.

Reactions: MJS
OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"War is young men dying and old men talking."

The way its always been.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My family has served honorably in all branches of the U.S. armed services in all wars. The bravery exhibited here helps me to remember that in service comes (sometimes) sacrifice.

. :asian:

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
MACaver said:
My family has served honorably in all branches of the U.S. armed services in all wars. The bravery exhibited here helps me to remember that in service comes (sometimes) sacrifice.

. :asian:

.:asian:

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
"War is young men dying and old men talking."
Yup, I'll drink to that :drinkbeer:

Even in if you are in dissagreement with the politics of the war, you got to admire the courage and the sacrifice of the soldiers. Can't pay them enough to do what they do.

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thats my only "point" here.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
It is unfortunate that some are so far gone in hatred of their fellow Americans that they automatically assume that anybody who disagrees with them politically would reflexively insult American soldiers who--however they ended up there--are a) representing us, and b) fighting for their fellow soldiers. Personally, I don't need to be reminded every five minutes that brave men and women are out there risking their asses every day: I've known it since I was four years old.

I suspect it's because some have bought the ugly propaganda spouted by the likes of Michael Savage. I also suspect it's because some cannot tolerate the discussion and dissent that this country is all about. And I know it's because attacking other Americans and screaming about patriotism is a helluva sight easier actually thinking about issues and looking at reality.

I'll tell you something that's different from when I was a kid: too many people now feel perfectly OK about yapping that their fellow Americans are traitors and morally corrupt and whatever else.

Here's the difference between me and them: my theories tell me that I would be morally obligated to try and do the same thing those soldiers did if I possibly could, even if it was that SOB Mich. Savage out there. His theories tell him to leave me there.
Dude, you must really hate Micheal Savage. You mention him in every thread that is even remotely political.

I wonder what bothers you more, what he says or the fact that so many people listen to what he says?

OP
Tgace

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tip: Never call a Marine a Soldier...they dont take it well. :)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Your agenda.
Why is it impossible to regret the sacrifice of these brave men for a cause that you do not believe in?

These men showed incredible bravery and I feel that their will to serve our country is being wasted.

THAT is truly a loss...

Honoring service to our country is one thing, putting it to use is another. This isn't a one way street.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:asian: