The Real Scoop on the Ford Mustang

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford Motor Company released a statement today calling reports that the company would make four-door variants of its Mustang sports car "not true."

"The Mustang is an icon and will continue in its current form: a unique two-door, rear-wheel drive, 2+2 performance car," the statement says.

The term "2+2" refers to a car, like the Mustang, with small back seats.
The current issue of the auto enthusiast magazine AutoWeek includes a report that Ford was considering making four-door variants of the next-generation Mustang, possibly including a wagon.

Full Article.

For a second there I thought it was a post about Ram air induction on a mustang. Sorry I use to be a mechanic way back in Fred Flintstone days

It is good to know that ford will not make the same mistake they did in the past with the Mustang II.

A 4 door station wagon Mustang...YUK

For a second there I thought it was a post about Ram air induction on a mustang. Sorry I use to be a mechanic way back in Fred Flintstone days

It is good to know that ford will not make the same mistake they did in the past with the Mustang II.

A 4 door station wagon Mustang...YUK

I hear ya. I was about having a heart-attack over the other 2 threads. lol!

Oh good I can breath again. A wagon and/or 4 door version of the Mustang would just be so fundamentally wrong.

Oh good I can breath again. A wagon and/or 4 door version of the Mustang would just be so fundamentally wrong.

I agree, they had one mistake please no more that vehicle is a sacred trust of machine

This stands repeating... a 4 door wagon Mustang....

It would just be so fundamentally wrong[/SIZE]

Not just that... think of what it would open the door for... like, a McLaren F-1 SUV, or a Lamborghini Diablo minivan or.... :eek: :banghead: :eek:

I wonder if they let it slip to see what the press and media would say, before making any real plans.

If for some reason people loved the idea they could build it. :(

Yet I am glad they are not, from a Driver's point of view. Although I do wish them the best and getting profitable.

It looks like someone sawed off the front of a Ferarri 355 GTS and welded it onto the cabin of a Volvo station wagon. A loathsome unnatural thing, a thing that should not be, a crime against nature... help me, someone, I just can't find the right words!!!

And there was another one that gives me that feeling of "that's just not right"
BMW M5
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/72114.jpg

This at least looks like something that might arise in the natural order of things. Not like a freak two-headed piglet with a single eye in the middle of each of its heads, along the lines of the first link you posted...

But this is way off post and to get things back on post

HOORAY FOR FORD for NOT making the 4-door Mustang

Let's hope that they never, ever, bring that idea up again, even as a joke...

My ? is, where did Autoweek get that picture?

You know what it reminds me of? Those cornball postcard you can buy in truck stops in Wyoming, Idaho anbd so on showing a cowboy mounted on a gigantic rabbit wearing elk antlers, clumsily scaled up---the visual humor is pretty crude and intended to be so---with some facetious text about how everything is bigger in the West... it looks to me as if the same visual techniques were used to produce that photo, only this is... supposedly... real. [Shakes head, yet again, in horrified disbelief]

Was at a car show once and saw a Vette that had been turned into a 4-dr..Talk about scary..

Was at a car show once and saw a Vette that had been turned into a 4-dr..Talk about scary..

I'll bet—but that was just one deranged person's perverted thinking... but how much worse would it have been if GM had decided to do the same thing, on a production basis... that gives a new slant on the meaning of the word `nightmare', eh?

It looks like someone sawed off the front of a Ferarri 355 GTS and welded it onto the cabin of a Volvo station wagon. A loathsome unnatural thing, a thing that should not be, a crime against nature... help me, someone, I just can't find the right words!!!

Let us never speak of this Ferrari abomination again

Latest Discussions

Back