The "perfect" art....

CK1980

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
they usually hire a bunch of 18 year olds who are either to afraid to do their job or are all too excited to get to put their hands on someone, which can be a bad mindset when it comes to the use of batons or tazers or any sort of lethal/nonlethal weapon.

I am all for learning techniques that keep the fight upright and techniques to get the fight off the ground. I know enough about fighting on the ground to defend myself, at least against an untrained assailant.

Well, that being said, there are plenty of DT courses you could take. Unfortunately, (and having worked for Securitas in the past I know this to be true) your company probably wont pay you to go and probably doesn't pay you enough to afford to go.

If you know ground fighting, then you are already a step ahead of the game... The same techniques you can apply on the ground (arm bars, shoulder locks, etc.) can be applied standing as well. Find yourself a buddy to work on it and you can probably figure it out for yourself.

But, my advise remains the same, find a school that teaches something like Kali and something with a lot of stand up trapping techniques.