The new girl on the block

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jules....I went to this tournament in Washington D.C. one year, its called the Capital City Classic. Anyways, I was 15 or 16 years old and my first sparring match I was put up against this hispanic person that claimed to be 16 but he looked like he was 21 or older. He had a full go-tee mustache and the hairiest chest you ever saw. All the parents were complaining saying he was older than what he said. Looking back on it it's a little bit funny but at the time I was pissed that I had to sparr him. He ended up beating me and in his final fight he got disqualified for hitting to hard to the face. The guy was truely probably older than he said.

OP
J

Jules_R

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ah. Well I know and have heard from a lot of people that your performance in tournaments can't always be a judge of who's good and who isn't. I don't know how right that is. I mean, Taekwondo sparring is in the Olympics. They are good. But in situations like mine and yours, the judging isn't fair. I don't feel bad for losing the match against that first boy. We know who probably would've won if he wasn't cheating. His instructor pulled him aside after the fight and cursed him out. Full on. It was so crazy. I kinda felt bad for him, but I knew he deserved it. I couldn't shut my mouth for an hour.

DBZ

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, My wife was a black belt in tkd when i met her when she was 17. I had to catch up lol(im still catching up, shes always better lol) Have fun here, its great

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Welcome aboard Jules!!!
icon10.gif

Latest Discussions