"The Most Beautiful Tai Chi Champion"

hunyuan24

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if this story has been posted here before - It is actually a very sad story:

The young lady, Ma Chang, was the daughter of a 12th generation Chen Style Tai Chi master. She began practicing Tai Chi when she was very young, and won 20+ gold medals and dozens of silver medals in Tai Chi competitions. People called her the "most beautiful Tai Chi champion". Unfortunately, she was killed in a car accident - the driver lost control and hit a pole, and the sedan rolled over and went airborne before crashing down. There were four passengers in the car, and she was the only one who died.

She was 24. Her dad was devastated.

With all respect and sympathy to her family, please enjoy her performance.

Chen Style Tai Chi - 56-move national competition form

Chen Style Tai Chi Sword - 49-move form

The adorable young Ma Chang

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
From TaijiMax

In Memory of Ma Chang

In Memory of the Taiji Beauty: Ma Chang (1987 – 2011)Ma Chang (马畅), daughter of Ma Guoxiang (马国相), killed in a car accident on August 12, 2011. Ma Chang, a thirteenth generation Chen Style Taijiquan practitioner, had been promoting Taijiquan and martial arts as a modern and fashionable sport, she had appeared in numerous television programs and preformed in many shows and functions.

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The camera captured some of her spirit and energy in her graceful movements. In that sense the world will have her forever.
My sympathy to her parents.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
My thoughts are with her parents. As a parent myself i can only imagine how hard this loss will be.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
the three videos seemed very good and focused

that is a terrible tragedy many loved ones will miss her. it must be a sad day in her fathers life to know his daughter has been killed. she is hopefully in a better place.

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is so sad.

I only got to know of her through this thread, and from the videos of her on youtube it seems she was on her way to help popularize and bring Taijiquan to the young.... only for her life to be cut short.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

hunyuan24

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for adding more to this story so we can learn more about her and her dad's martial arts journey. It just helps to put things into perspective. She (and her dad) could be you, could be me, and could be anyone of us.

I will also post these two videos on other forums I visit. Thanks for the great find, zzj!

Latest Discussions