The Mechanics Of Powering Your Martial Arts Movement

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
(In no way referring to you... Just tacking on to your post)

Sometimes it isn't humor .... Very often....

It's people that have nothing to add of any value. They just troll in sublime ways. Usually the types seem to think a forum has some form of Hierarchy/Hegemony.... LMAO, I've often wondered: Having no face to face physical contact, Is that there true personality?

Or with the age of the internet have they lost the way comportment?

Seen it with moderators too.. (probably more than anyone else)

Often sites like this are ego salons... where people post just to have their egos messaged. Myself personally, I come and go on forums like this. To me forums and the personalities mean nothing, it's the internet.

Everybody is a Kung Fu Master on the Internet
You sound like you have some people in mind? I hope MY poor attempts at humor havent offended you or anyone else.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to offend. I blame Buka. He is my role model! ;)
After rereading this, I really don’t see anything that even borders offensive. My feeling is that if people are going to post then they should be ready to critiqued, fact checked, questioned, etc. AND have a sense of humor.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
After rereading this, I really don’t see anything that even borders offensive. My feeling is that if people are going to post then they should be ready to critiqued, fact checked, questioned, etc. AND have a sense of humor.
Pretty much.
We can't course correct written tone in real time lol. It's like we have to learn how to have a delayed emotional response. lol

It's no wonder why the big social media websites are such a battlefield.

Edit: I deleted a lot of stuff. I Got on my soap box and sounded like a grumpy old man complaining about social media. ha ha ha.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
^^^^ This! exactly how I feel sometimes ...especially when I'm tired or don't have a lot of time.
Nothing like being tired from other stuff, then provide an answer that any coach in Boxing, MMA, or any other fighting system would have given, only to have it discounted, invalidated, and reject simply because it came out of the mouth of a TMA teacher or practitioner.

How many times have you explained stuff like this in here and as a result you get resistance as if they want you to prove what you say is true. And the most frustrating thing about it is that this stuff is simple. It's not complicated. Pretty straight forward. But when TMA guy/gal says it. Suddenly it needs proof.

Edit: Then irony is that 6 or 7 months later. They will come back with the proof through their own experience of what we were telling them. I've seen people waste years of what could have been quality training simply because they didn't want to believe guys who have already been through it.

Last edited: