The Conservative Case Against BuSh

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The policies of this administration self-labeled "conservative" have little to do with the essence of conservative tradition. Rather, they tend to centralize power in the hands of the government under the guise of patriotism. If nothing else, the BuSh administration has thrown into question what being a conservative in America actually means.

Forty years ago, when Lyndon Johnson believed the United States could afford both Great Society and the Vietnam War, conservatives attacked his fiscal policies as extravagant and reckless. Ten years ago, the Republican Party regained control of Congress with the Contract with America, which included a balanced-budget amendment to restore fiscal responsibility. But today, thanks to tax cuts and massively increased military spending, the BuSh administration has transformed, according to the Congressional Budget Office, a ten-year projected surplus of $5.6 trillion to a deficit of $4.4 trillion: a turnaround of $10 trillion in roughly 32 months.

Rest of the article can be found here.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two years later, he's even less fiscally conservative, if that's possible.

As seen Here

U.S. N[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]ATIONAL[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]D[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]EBT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+3]C[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=+2]LOCK[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The Outstanding Public Debt as of 16 Apr 2008 at 12:23:37 PM GMT is:
[/FONT]
debtiv.gif

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The estimated population of the United States is 303,818,686
so each citizen's share of this debt is $31,094.41. The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.67 billion per day since September 29, 2006!

:rolleyes:-of course, when taxes are raised, as they inevitably must, it'll be blamed on those damned, racist, tax and spend Democrats....:rolleyes:
[/FONT]

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. The Republican Party is now the party of "super big government". I would have never thought I'd see that.

In my mind, the main point is this -- if you drive the country into the ground economically, you will no longer have to focus on terrorism. It will matter much less then. And that is what is happening.

This "borrow and spend" method is going to kill us economically. Its only a matter of time. It truly boggles my mind how other people don't seem to notice it. If I were to get a credit card and run it up to the very maximum, would people close to me not voice concern? Why does not cause concern when our government does this in spades?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
*sigh*

ok, who ever said the government should be running a surplus? A surplus means that are taxing us more than they spend. Since the purpose of taxation is to pay for government services, ONLY, There should never be a surplus.

Now then, having established that, lets look back at 1999-2000. Economic indications were getting bleak. The news was awash in talk of a "looming recession"

Regardless of what some politicos like to say, it is a proven fact that tax cuts stimulate the economy. Give people more money, they spend more money. In fact, tax cuts actually INCREASE government income.

Now then, the real cause of the turn around wasnt the tax cuts, but a little thing called BEING AT WAR

No country has ever run a balanced budget during wartime. The cost of the war has been HUGE.

Read and learn:
http://www.heritage.org/research/taxes/bg2001.cfm

Not to mention the fact that the President doesnt spend money, Congress does, and for two years now, conservatives havnt been in charge of Congress. So saying it is The President's fault isnt really honest.

Elder, have you ever heard of Bush Derangement Syndrome?

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Elder, have you ever heard of Bush Derangement Syndrome?

Is that the feeling I get anytime I hear him open his mouth? Defending torture, feeding us lies to push his personal agenda, then claiming they weren't lies after being caught in them, then blowing them off and distracting us with something else?

I think I have that illness too. I'm just happy that there's a cure in sight in a few more months.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL

I swear, if the President came out with a cure for cancer, some people would point out that the fact he hadnt cured AIDS was proof he was a homophobe...

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now then, the real cause of the turn around wasnt the tax cuts, but a little thing called BEING AT WAR

No country has ever run a balanced budget during wartime. The cost of the war has been HUGE.
Oh. We can all thank Bush for a job done then.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two years later, he's even less fiscally conservative, if that's possible.

As seen Here

:rolleyes:-of course, when taxes are raised, as they inevitably must, it'll be blamed on those damned, racist, tax and spend Democrats....:rolleyes:
[/FONT]

However, your citation of LBJ in the first post is rather telling evidence that Democrats as well as Republicans are responsible for questionable wars and ill advised bloated government programs..... leading to tax hikes.

I don't trust most of either pack of robbers, and I think Bush II has been a terrible President. Now all we need is Hellary to illustrate the cure is worse than the disease. With food prices soaring and gas prices at record highs, what American families really need now is a Hellary tax increase!