The burning fire within yourself

S

SolidTiger

now I don't know about you but the more I train the more stronger and faster I get. It seem like to me it's a fire thats growing inside of me,and the more I train the the more this
fire grows. This fire is filled with all my martial art knowledge
and the more I learn the bigger the fire will grow. so my
question to all my fellow martial artist is do you feel this fire
inside of you too? will you don't have to call it fire but it is a
force that can grow like a fire.

Thank you.

OP
D

DWright

The more I train the more enthusiastic about training I become.

After an energetic seminar, I always seem to train harder, and enjoy it more. The more I learn the more I want to learn. That seems to be a nartural effect of Martial Arts.

OP
M

MTisGreat

i agree....thheres also more confidence growing too

OP
S

SolidTiger

Ok when you punch or kick you don't just kick, you use speed,
form,technique,power and you ki ya or whatever you say for
a power attack, and thats whats suppose to release or set free
your inner power with the attack or block.I think it's kinda mental
because martial arts is 80% mental and a ki ya that you feel will
maybe send a message to your brain that this is a powerful attack
and your brain control your body.

Thank you.

Solid Tiger

OP
N

nathan_sau

Id have to say i feel something as well but is also from talking to my peers and the inspiration derived from it

OP
E

Eraser

:D

I fully agree with all that you guys and gals have said.. i personally don't have a FIRE inside me.. (but i understand the reference.... ) Everytime I take a class... im constantly amazed at how much there is to learn.. and not just from my Instructor either... I learn lots from the other students.. Sometimes I have so much going on in my head.. that i have a difficult time sleeping at night.. sigh!!! BUT.. I wouldn't give it up for anything!!

OP
S

SolidTiger

when I can't sleep I do a hundred pushups or I go over my
girlfriend house.

I think that I feel this this inner fire my chi or whatever you call
it because it's the same thing to me. If you put passion in your
punches and kicks and put force with your attack I know it will
make you stronger. I try to put my energy into my punches and
kicks to make them more effective, and I know because I fight
like this it makes you stronger and faster. I do think a martial
artist should go for the maximum result with minimum action,but
sometimes you need to put your heart and soul into it to feel
your on fire.

Thank you

SolidTiger

" Most of us sleepwalk when we are awake"

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After 30 + years in the Arts I can remember those early days when the more I practiced the more I wanted to practice.
Never could get enough of it no matter how hard the practice was or how long.
I still get that way when I visit my instructor. I love getting out there and haveing him lead class. Something hapens and I am not good enough with words to discribe what goes through me and how I feel .

Shadow:asian:

OP
S

Shinzu

i do feel a sense of power within myself. i know that if i need to i could call upon it. i do feel year after year, day after day. it is a life long journey. the secret i think is learning how to control the fire and redirect it toward positive results.

OP
S

SolidTiger

I think that just like the yen yang, their are good martial artist
as will as evil ones. You never get nothing out of going around
useing your art for evil, by hurting people or by just useing to much force could kill, we must remember that we could be trying
to use are art for a good purpose, but if we don't know what we are doing, it can turn evil, and that's a bad thing. that's why I'm never the attacker, I will defend myself because a martial artist
should not allow himself to be hurt. How much force is needed
I will use.

Thank you

SolidTiger

OP
C

Crom

Definitely a fire inside, just like Davey said :lol:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is there ever such a thing as getting too much fire and then burning out? I've met a few who says they are "burned out" and left their martial arts. What do you do when you feel that happening and how do you prevent it so that you can continue training?

- Ceicei

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Is there ever such a thing as getting too much fire and then burning out? I've met a few who says they are "burned out" and left their martial arts. What do you do when you feel that happening and how do you prevent it so that you can continue training?

- Ceicei
Well for me never burn out as much disapointment in the instructors that you meet over the years. Seeing so many instructor that only knows the basic of there Art and not the advance training you really need. I think burn out comes from the younger instructor because most stop learning in a commercial school as soon as they reach blackbelt status for then they start to teach and really quit working out as much.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Well for me never burn out as much disapointment in the instructors that you meet over the years. Seeing so many instructor that only knows the basic of there Art and not the advance training you really need. I think burn out comes from the younger instructor because most stop learning in a commercial school as soon as they reach blackbelt status for then they start to teach and really quit working out as much.
So you are saying that they "stopped training" for themselves and got burned out because of teaching?

- Ceicei

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
So you are saying that they "stopped training" for themselves and got burned out because of teaching?

- Ceicei
Yes alot of younger instructors I've seen get burned out from training the lower belts. There schedule as changed from a five day five hour workout to two days 45 minute workout. Burnout comes from the lack of training.

OP
G

gatser_83

I know exactly what you are talking about. When you practice and feel the amazing energy your body can create, it's electrifying. There is a problem with this though. A raging fire eventually turns to dying embers. It's great to start a fire but the real trick is to keep it going. For a fire to burn it needs two things, wood and oxygen. Call your body the wood and your mind the oxygen. The mind feeds the body. Make sure to take in all your martial art has to offer. Including a quieting and clarity of the mind. That way the fire is constantly burning.
Excellent post by the way. I feel like going out and practicing right now!

Latest Discussions