The BEST movie martial artist is:

• Bruce Lee

• Jackie Chan

• Jet Li

Results are only viewable after voting.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are a lot of others who could go on the list, but if these were your only three choices, who is YOUR pick?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Has to be Bruce Lee, but everyone knows Chuck Norris is a God!!!

kwaichang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bruce Lee showed technique. Jackie Chan shows entertainment blended with martial arts. One shows a traditional master the other a comedian/martial artist.
....and yes I agree that Chuck Norris is very good.....but for a movie it would be between he (a real martial artist) and David Caradine (an actor acting like a martial artist).
1anijyu1.gif

OP
zDom

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bruce Lee showed technique. Jackie Chan shows entertainment blended with martial arts. One shows a traditional master the other a comedian/martial artist.

Now wait a minute — just because Bruce makes mean faces and Jackie makes funny faces doesn't mean Bruce has better technique!

In fact, in MY opinion, Jackie has BETTER technique! Have you REALLY taken a look at Jackie's kicks on film? Don't let all the hamming it up and "getting beat up" fool you.

Whip out some DVDs and use the slow-mo feature. Jackie's stuff is just as fast and is usually cleaner (better chambers and form) than Bruce Lee's stuff.

Not dissing Bruce, of course, but I stand by my vote! Jackie is the MAN!

kwaichang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Now wait a minute — just because Bruce makes mean faces and Jackie makes funny faces doesn't mean Bruce has better technique!

In fact, in MY opinion, Jackie has BETTER technique! Have you REALLY taken a look at Jackie's kicks on film? Don't let all the hamming it up and "getting beat up" fool you.!

It is just my opinion based upon over thirty yrs in the arts.:mst:
Not dissing Bruce, of course, but I stand by my vote! Jackie is the MAN!
As you will and I stand by mine.:whip1:

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bruce paved the way for the others. zDom, i think we discussed this over lunch the other day. My vote is for Jet li :wavey:

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are a lot of others who could go on the list, but if these were your only three choices, who is YOUR pick?
Hmmm.. who would I pick? For what? As a mentor in martial philosophy? Bruce. For someone to run around town with, jumping off stuff and making a big nuisance of ourselves, Jackie. For someone to watch in an elegant and beautiful performance and with a gorgeous smile to gawp at :D Jet.. I like them all though my fav MA movie of the three is oddly enough, Black Mask. I choose Jet because I like beautiful martial arts and I think his wushu best complements movie choreography. Jackie for me comes off more like a stuntman (albeit an exemplary one - and I am a fan) and Bruce, well what can I say, the anticipation at those Golden harvest titles is something else, even now. Purely subjectively, Jet for me :) Ahh, too many choices. Can I just have cake and watch Seagal doing Nico?
Jenna

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good post above, Jenna, that covers a lot of significant points - martial arts ones I mean, as well as how your taste in men goes :D.

For me, as Jenna said, when it comes to the martial philosophy that got me going in MA in the first place, then Bruce is top - "Enter the Dragon" is still the best martial arts movie I've ever seen (IMNSHO :p).

But when it comes to the best movie martial artist, from the three metioned, then Jackie is impossible to beat. To do what he does and then lay comedy over the top :faints:.

Jet Li is pretty, physically and stylistically and definitely has screen charisma that even his non-female viewers can clearly see but he just does not have the depth of classical background that Mr. Chan has.

There's a reason he's (Jackie) a superstar.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bruce Lee trained Wing Chun which means trained for fighting

Jackie Chan trained Operafu which, in all honesty, looks great but you are trained to miss.

Jet Li trained Wushu and Sanshou which means trained for show but can fight and you have to admit he is very fast.

With that said I like Jackie Chan's movies the best, generally.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROFL - oh so true. Or maybe, slipping away from the poll restrictions yet further, Maggie Cheung?

picture.php

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This poll is invalid. The only valid poll would list Chuck Norris, and nobody else.

Latest Discussions