The Bathtub Test: Are you up for it?

What would you use to empty the bathtub?

• Tea Spoon

• Tea Cup

• Bucket

• Other: See Response

Results are only viewable after voting.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
During a visit to an insane asylum, a man asked one of the doctor's "How do you determine if someone should be institutionalized?"

The doctor replied, "We use the bathtub test."

"How's that work?" the man asked.

"Welll..." the doctor continued, "..we fill up a bathtub with water and then offer either a teaspoon, a tea cup, or a bucket to the patient and ask them to empty the tub."

"Oh!" the man exclaimed, "I get it!"

Do you?

McLargehuge

White Belt
Reaction score
During a visit to an insane asylum, a man asked one of the doctor's "How do you determine if someone should be institutionalized?"

"Welll..." the doctor continued, "..we fill up a bathtub with water and then offer either a teaspoon, a tea cup, or a bucket to the patient and ask them to empty the tub."

Do you?

However in giving the items, the doctors imply that they want them to be used.

In short, giving a person a spoon, cup and bucket and telling them to empty the bathtub is about as ridiculous as using them. Who's insane now?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I chose bucket because it's an old wooden western style bathtub without a drain. Can you imagine the crazy people looking for a drain on that thing?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd joodie chop a hole in the tub to make a drain...it's not crazy it's GENIUS I TELL YOU! I'm not crazy...they called me mad at the university but I'll show them yes I will I'll teach their dogs to suck eggs...I"M THE MAD BOMBER WHAT BOMBS AT MIDNIGHT!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

Peace,
Erik

Last edited:
OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score

"....a normal person would reach for the buck because it's bigger and can empty the tub faster."

"No" replied the doctor, "A normal person would pull the plug....Now, would you like a bed near a window?"
:)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"....a normal person would reach for the buck because it's bigger and can empty the tub faster."

"No" replied the doctor, "A normal person would pull the plug....Now, would you like a bed near a window?"
:)

Yes please, and a thorazine drip.

I hear I'll be in the same ward as the three guys that walked in to a bar...:rofl:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was with all the folks wondering why not just pull the plug...

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score

I hear I'll be in the same ward as the three guys that walked in to a bar...:rofl:

You'd think they'd see someting as large as bar in their path and just walk around....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would put my very best upper class accent on and ask them snootily "Do I look like someone who empties her own bath tub?"

that gets round working out which answer the trick-cyclists want!

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Unless you special order your bathtub, most are cheap peaces of crap.
If the only task at hand is emptying the bathtub, and doing it as quickly as possible, I choose my foot. I will kick the side in and the water will empty quicker then going throught the drain. Then I will chuckle as I often do at the witnesses jaw hanging in disbelief, and would walk along my merry way.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
The moment I saw that I said "drain".
If I were Executive material I'd say "Doc, empty the tub."

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

I'll be in the room next to Carol, with a big dumb smile on my face holding a teaspoon.:D

lori

Latest Discussions