Testing for Green on the 12th

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am studying Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido simultaneously, I am testing for my green belt on the 12th. I have been training the first three ITF and WTF forms as well as six basic and 9 one step sparring drills. By the way my GM has us do both lines through dan ranking on forms. I like it and think that it makes a more rounded Tae Kwon Doist.

For those who are thinking of cross training hapkido and Tae Kwon Do I have this to offer. "Tae Kwon Do helps with the extra kicking reps for hapkido and vice versa." Those are the only similiarities. Strikes, Kicks and blocks. Plus Hapkido has 4 kicks that Tae Kwon Do do not.

Going for one test is hard enough, however I will have my hapkido test the firs week in August. I began again at white for hapkido, when I first began back and am going to test again for green.

Wish me luck guys.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt, you have a good amount of skill and a great amount of spirit. Wishing you the best of fortunes! Can't wait to hear about how it went. :asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you!!:)

Let us know how everything went!:ultracool

Mike

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck Matt..You'll do fine...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
matt.m said:
Wish me luck guys.

Even if I believed in luck, I wouldn't waste such a wish on you! :)

I'm sure your hard work and dedication will be more than enough.

:asian:

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck Matt!

Green belt is usually the first intermediate rank so the training gets a little more intense and the teacher's expectations greater.

I think it is interesting that you are training in 2 different (albeit somewhat related KMAs) arts at the same time. Perhaps you could start a thread about the similarities and differences, how the arts compliment each other (or not) from your perspective?

Miles

Latest Discussions