Terrorism

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we'll get there someday. The main considerations are money and time. Believe me, I'm not going to pass up a trip like that on account of a couple of numbnuts with a bomb and a manifesto!

I'm glad! there's also good MA training to be had in Dublin with John Kavanagh of SBG fame!

Money is a problem for everyone, there's a recession, companies going out of business etc,times could get hard for many and just as Ireland (both) are getting themselves in a good position in the world, these wicked moronic murderers want to bring chaos and murder back to the streets. If I said what I really think of them there'd be nothing but asterisks in a long line!

There's been silent vigils through the Province and I really like the slogan 'No going back'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ows-unity-dissident-IRA-killers.html?ITO=1490

"a silence that thunders around the world"

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tez3-I would love to come over and have a visit, if you have the money for me to come. I am so broke right now that I am having to save up to be poor.

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Guys, if any of you are planning on heading over to Ireland, I'd highly recommend Cork as your main base. Dublin is fine, but suffers from the usual capital city syndrome: over priced, over crowded (nothing compared to London though!) and a little on the touristy side. Cork on the other hand, retains a more authentic charm in my view. Plus, you can go from there to the likes of the Ring of Kerry. Truly astonishing place. :)

Just for a taster for Kerry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSzEKNpPK0&feature=related or,
C'mon the green, white and gold! :D
For practice, if any of you are able to watch Father Ted, it's well worth it. ;) DRINK! FECK! ****! GURLZ!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is powerful stuff indeed, Irene. I am not ashamed to share that I shed a tear or two listening to that.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, if any of you are planning on heading over to Ireland, I'd highly recommend Cork as your main base. Dublin is fine, but suffers from the usual capital city syndrome: over priced, over crowded (nothing compared to London though!) and a little on the touristy side. Cork on the other hand, retains a more authentic charm in my view. Plus, you can go from there to the likes of the Ring of Kerry. Truly astonishing place. :)

Just for a taster for Kerry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSzEKNpPK0&feature=related or,
C'mon the green, white and gold! :D
For practice, if any of you are able to watch Father Ted, it's well worth it. ;) DRINK! FECK! ****! GURLZ!
Wherever I were to start -- I'd have to visit County Mayo. That's where my family's from...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is something that is well known to those of us of a certain age, who served in NI at a certain time. Everyone of us knows the words to this song and everyone of us will sing it with tears streaming down our faces unashamedly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLlDOOVZ1HQ&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Willetts

I thought of that as soon as I learned the lads had tried to shield the pizza delivery men.

His selflessness, his courage are beyond praise.

Beyond words too. Every man an Emperor as they say.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"God has given such brave soldiers to this Crown that, if they do not frighten our neighbours, at least they prevent us from being frightened by them. "
Queen Elizabeth the First

Our present Queen can say the same.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7940362.stm

This is a first in Northern Ireland, the bodies of the soldiers leaving camp for the airport openly and mourned by the local people.

tez,

I gew up with a daily diet of news on Northern Ireland -- the events were watched closely by Canadians. I'll never forget a story, from 1970 I believe, of a Catholic girl who became engaged to a British soldier. In retaliation, tar was poured on her head. She married the bloke in a wig.

It seems to me, as an onlooker, a couple of events helped to turn the tide. Sein Fein's rise as a political force, one which was willing to sit down and talk, as well as Britain's willingness to sit down and talk, has made giant leaps. Also, it seems to me that in the seventies, mothers of Catholic and Protestant families basically sai, "Enough," and began to organize. Would you agree?

As I said somewhere above, peace broke out in Ireland.

Question: In one of your links I spotted the phrase, "Real IRA" -- is this how dissident factions identify themselves?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tez,

I gew up with a daily diet of news on Northern Ireland -- the events were watched closely by Canadians. I'll never forget a story, from 1970 I believe, of a Catholic girl who became engaged to a British soldier. In retaliation, tar was poured on her head. She married the bloke in a wig.

It seems to me, as an onlooker, a couple of events helped to turn the tide. Sein Fein's rise as a political force, one which was willing to sit down and talk, as well as Britain's willingness to sit down and talk, has made giant leaps. Also, it seems to me that in the seventies, mothers of Catholic and Protestant families basically sai, "Enough," and began to organize. Would you agree?

As I said somewhere above, peace broke out in Ireland.

Question: In one of your links I spotted the phrase, "Real IRA" -- is this how dissident factions identify themselves?

There's many splinter groups on both sides.
The Real IRA claimed the soldiers shooting, the Continuity IRA claimed the policemans. There's also the Irish National Liberation Army.

There's probably about 100 members of the Real IRA, they left the Provisional IRA in 1997 when they fell out with Sein Fein over the peace talks. they don't have as many weapons as the Provos had nor the support but there' enough to be dangerous. Over the past few months there's been intel and incidents that have been pointing towards a major upsurge in terrorist attacks, thats why the spec forces were sent in not long ago. what was feared was a repeat of the Real IRA's worst atrocity, the Omagh bombing in 1998.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/northern_ireland/latest_news/152156.stm

The Continuity IRA broke awau a little earlier, the breakaway terroist while still part of the Provos are considered to have been the ones behind the Remembrance Day massacre at Eniskillen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day_bombing

The INLA is smaller and less active but can still cause damage if they wish.

Other terrorist groups in N Ireland.

• Continuity Army Council - Catholic

Cumann na mBan - Catholic

Fianna na hEireann - Catholic

Irish National Liberation Army - Catholic

Irish People's Liberation Organisation - Catholic

Irish Republican Army - Catholic

Loyalist Volunteer Force - Protestant

Orange Volunteers - Protestant

Red Hand Commando - Protestant

Red Hand Defenders - Protestant​

Saor Eire - communist/Catholic

Ulster Defence Association - Protestant
    Ulster Freedom Fighters - ProtestantUlster Volunteer Force - Protestant

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There's many splinter groups on both sides.
The Real IRA claimed the soldiers shooting, the Continuity IRA claimed the policemans. There's also the Irish National Liberation Army.

There's probably about 100 members of the Real IRA, they left the Provisional IRA in 1997 when they fell out with Sein Fein over the peace talks. they don't have as many weapons as the Provos had nor the support but there' enough to be dangerous. Over the past few months there's been intel and incidents that have been pointing towards a major upsurge in terrorist attacks, thats why the spec forces were sent in not long ago. what was feared was a repeat of the Real IRA's worst atrocity, the Omagh bombing in 1998.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/northern_ireland/latest_news/152156.stm

The Continuity IRA broke awau a little earlier, the breakaway terroist while still part of the Provos are considered to have been the ones behind the Remembrance Day massacre at Eniskillen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day_bombing

The INLA is smaller and less active but can still cause damage if they wish.

Other terrorist groups in N Ireland.

• Continuity Army Council - Catholic

Cumann na mBan - Catholic​

Fianna na hEireann - Catholic​

Irish National Liberation Army - Catholic​

Irish People's Liberation Organisation - Catholic​

Irish Republican Army - Catholic​

Loyalist Volunteer Force - Protestant​

Orange Volunteers - Protestant​

Red Hand Commando - Protestant​

Red Hand Defenders - Protestant​

Saor Eire - communist/Catholic

Ulster Defence Association - Protestant
    Ulster Freedom Fighters - ProtestantUlster Volunteer Force - Protestant

Very detailed list mate, and highlights just how widespread the Troubles are, and how simple a situation it isn't over there. Boys with toys most of them. Standing there in their balaclavas shooting their big guns into the air, making anonymous threats. One day. One day, each and every one of those men of violence will get their just desserts, the same applies to anyone who thinks it's acceptable to kill indiscriminately, and may they each get their very own, personal hell.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very detailed list mate, and highlights just how widespread the Troubles are, and how simple a situation it isn't over there. Boys with toys most of them. Standing there in their balaclavas shooting their big guns into the air, making anonymous threats. One day. One day, each and every one of those men of violence will get their just desserts, the same applies to anyone who thinks it's acceptable to kill indiscriminately, and may they each get their very own, personal hell.

Ta, I've only quoted whats in the public domain. There is more but I don't want to post anything you can't get through the media.
There will be reckoning though, it may take us years but never think it has been forgotten.

Latest Discussions