Terminology and language

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I prefer to use some Korean commands; like the wearing of doboks, using Korean helps set the time of instruction apart from the rest of the day. It helps me to reach and maintain a mindset in which I can block out all the problems of the day, and therefore helps me concentrate on what I'm doing. For that, if for no other reason, I will continue to use Korean when I teach, and expect to hear it when I train.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tell you what Twin Fist,

I'll have to drop down there this summer. I have a very good friend, who went to SFA with me, and he lives in Lufkin. He's a 4th dan, and I can say he was feared in all the dojo's we went to. Outstanding kicker (it helps to be 6 ft, with long legs, unlike me, 5'8" and short legs.) He'd be 52 by now.

Yea, expect to see me this summer. Right now we have a reunion (family) coming up so I'm real tied up, but I do need a break and that would be a fun day to drop by your school, have lunch, and then see my old friend.

And if you are a shooter to, we can pop some caps. CSAT, Combat Shooting and Tactics, is right there in Nacogodoches. Paul Howe runs it and I've been thinking of taking one of his classes in Sept. or Nov.

Deaf

Latest Discussions