Tension Buildup and Hostility around Playing Children

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You want a serious reply? Why was your phone dead?. Your knife is a useless issue; nothing you've said suggests lethal force was justified, and even if it was -- your role as a guard almost always is detect, observe, and report. Why did the guy have to be "removed" from the property? Have you tried simply asking him to leave? Amazing how often a simple request solves a problem... but nothing you posted here in the OP or later suggest that you tried that. (What's the difference between an innocent bystander and a customer or a child?)

Your phone died from low battery and neither you nor the taco stand have a phone charger. The store owner asked you to shew him away. In fact you tried asking him to leave, but he still isn't being compliant and he seems like he doesn't understand why you want him to leave. (And imo, nothing different between bystanders, customers or children- all people, so why even risk it?)

P.S.- I actually told him to leave first, then asked him to leave the second time (Do you think I should have asked first?)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Went to this food truck today. (again) It was pretty fricken delicious.

No bad guys, no dead phones, lots of fat guys, lots of kids. Everybody was rockin'.

Attachments

• FoodTruck2.jpeg
    FoodTruck2.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 397
  • FoodTruck2.jpeg
    FoodTruck2.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 413

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember a friend telling me one of McDonald's meat factory employees fell into the meat grinder in the late-80's, supposedly it was on the news. I would've been too young to remember.

Eat McDs in the UK and there's no additives at all, not in anything, it's not allowed by law. It is healthy but a bit bland.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Eat McDs in the UK and there's no additives at all, not in anything, it's not allowed by law. It is healthy but a bit bland.
mcd's food isnt just unhealthy because of additives. french frys are cooked in oil (usa uses vegetable oil now but in the past used pure lard!!), the buns have higher levels of sugar then normal bread, fat content in everything including milk shakes (called butter fat). they used to promote the fact that their beef was 100% us grade A when in the US. but i dont know about now. and im sure the big mac secret sauce is about as good for you as eating a stick of deep fryed butter.
all that being said i eat there a few times a week for the past 40 years

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SALT! MUST ADD SALT! MORE SALT!

Welcome to "Dining with mograph." :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mcd's food isnt just unhealthy because of additives. french frys are cooked in oil (usa uses vegetable oil now but in the past used pure lard!!), the buns have higher levels of sugar then normal bread, fat content in everything including milk shakes (called butter fat). they used to promote the fact that their beef was 100% us grade A when in the US. but i dont know about now. and im sure the big mac secret sauce is about as good for you as eating a stick of deep fryed butter.

The chips here ( fries to you lol) are cooked in non-hydrogenated vegetable oil. the very best chips though should be three times cooked in dripping so they are soft and fluffy inside and crisp on the outside, they should also be a decent size!
I've just looked at the UK McDs site and it seems they give a huge amount of info! What is the macro breakdown of your buns?

SALT! MUST ADD SALT! MORE SALT!

Welcome to "Dining with mograph." :D

That's the problem, nothing comes with salt or pepper so you have to add. I'm not sure if we have the 'secret sauce' in the UK, what's on the burger tastes like tomato sauce with mustard.
Here there's also, fruit, carrot sticks and water for the children in their Happy Meals, France has bowls of salad and you can have beer with your meal! The problem is when the McD is a healthy meal you lose that sense of naughtiness eating it. :(

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of it, but they haven't used lard since at the very least the early 80's. They were using vegetable oil when I worked there.

Beef patties are 100% beef , with no fillers, additives or extenders. Like a hot dog, you might be eating lips and buttholes, but you're at least eating cow lips and cow buttholes. :) You probably aren't getting great quality beef, either. It's likely safe to eat, but isn't going to be a wagyu or kobe cow.

To be sure, you're right about the sugar content.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Once the incident is over, I would realize I am not qualified on several levels to be working security in that scenario. I would refuse to be paid for the time I was there and suggest to the owners that putting cousin Flaco on staff would be better than hiring someone who can't speak the language of the majority of the customers and shows up unprepared with a dead cell phone. They do have chargers for cars these days.

Latest Discussions