Tell us about your home gym....

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Seen as this is a home gym thread I suppose this might be useful. I'm just wondering if the handles might rotate much looser later on due to wear & tear thus being a problem.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
POF training is also interesting, ( Position of Flexion Training) .

Big guns & Forearms..

Last edited:

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I can highly recommend this book. Had it a long time but it's honestly outstanding..Details POF Training
20221008_163901.jpg
20221008_164234.jpg

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was checking these out last night. I'll plan to order one in the next couple of days, may be two so I can have one of a different weight.
I should have mentioned make sure you have gym chalk or resin. (I prefer chalk, just try not to breathe it)

You can try without, but there's risk of everything from smashing a toe, to putting a hole through the floor.

I'm other words, never trust your own grip, and notice neither do the experts. Remember why it's called "shot put"...these things are essentially small 12-16lb cannonball.

My new set came today and it's gorgeous outside, so I know where I'm headed.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this ..
Looks interesting but not sure I would buy it.

I like the resistance part but I don't like the limitation of the movement. When I'm on the speed bag, I can make big circles or small circles or create an oval shape. I can't do back fist movements. If a person hits a speed bag with a variety of strikes, then this is going to be a "No buy" If a person doesn't use a speed bag then they may buy it. I think I may be better off using resistance bands.

I do however really like @2:55

Seen as this is a home gym thread I suppose this might be useful. I'm just wondering if the handles might rotate much looser later on due to wear & tear thus being a problem.
This would probably be more practical for me. with lat pull downs. No so much with the curls though since I prefer dumbbells.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This would probably be more practical for me. with lat pull downs. No so much with the curls though since I prefer dumbbells.
I like incline curls with dumbbells as it's definitely a unique feeling & stretch/full ranges of motion. Mostly I use a standard EZ bar for most curling.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One thing I miss the most is a bench. One that can flat, incline and maybe decline. I have a pair of 80lbs adjustable dumbbells. If only I have a bench. It's not doable, big boss will NEVER let me put one in the family room. That can only happen when I put in the 3rd car garage.

Forget mirrors and all that, just let me have a bench. I'd settle with only flat and incline. Nothing like free weight press.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One thing I miss the most is a bench. One that can flat, incline and maybe decline. I have a pair of 80lbs adjustable dumbbells. If only I have a bench. It's not doable, big boss will NEVER let me put one in the family room. That can only happen when I put in the 3rd car garage.

Forget mirrors and all that, just let me have a bench. I'd settle with only flat and incline. Nothing like free weight press.
Yeah my bench is flat / incline. Solid built take anything but doesn't decline. Could get by with a solid flat bench, flat benches hit it all anyway.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah my bench is flat / incline. Solid built take anything but doesn't decline. Could get by with a solid flat bench, flat benches hit it all anyway.
Actually...................It's not to impossible if I get a foldable flat bench. I can always put it in the garage afterwards.

Sometimes it's good to talk here. I kept thinking it's impossible until I stop and think again. I really have to think about it. I have to make sure it's sturdy enough.

Then, I don't have to depend on the elastic belt or wearing all the weights to do pushups. I really like working at home, much more efficient, don't have to do jaw exercise. Spent at least 20mins on jaw exercise in the gym.......if not more.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually...................It's not to impossible if I get a foldable flat bench. I can always put it in the garage afterwards.

Sometimes it's good to talk here. I kept thinking it's impossible until I stop and think again. I really have to think about it. I have to make sure it's sturdy enough.

Then, I don't have to depend on the elastic belt or wearing all the weights to do pushups.
I actually got mine from a small firm who made their own equipment. Was half the price of a comerercial one but just as solid.
People forget the bench has to take your bodweight & the training weight you're using.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That´s mine. looks a bit scratched & worn nowadays but still good. think the picture was taken about 2-3 years ago. solid though.

IMG_20181102_121557.jpg

Latest Discussions