Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Yes

:asian:

Weird .. in my school, we're taught that after the handsword,
you do a takedown by grabbing the achile's pulling back, and
pushing with the shoulder. After the attacker is down, you back
knuckle the "Jimmie" (thanks Clyde) and backfist his thigh .. hold
the knee and ankle, through it to the right as you cross out.
(was told to "dance on his groin")

I saw Inosanto do Dance Of Death where he stomped all over
the dude's head a couple times ... just my own personal
assumption at the time was that the head stomping was the
extension.

OP
H

headkick

Originally posted by Blindside

So does "Dance of Death" seem really silly to you, since there isn't a dance in the base technique? :)

Lamont

Yes it does. Has far as I know, that's the only one named for the full technique, with extension. That being said, I can make the short version of DoD work pretty well, thank you. I'm a horrible dancer :D

OP
H

headkick

Originally posted by Blindside

So does "Dance of Death" seem really silly to you, since there isn't a dance in the base technique? :)

Lamont

One story to relate about that. A few years back at the John Sepulveda Spirit Camp held in Cascade, Idaho, the BB's were doing a technique line. When DoD came up, Mr. Steve Moore from Boise did the full technique wonderfully to great applause. Then Mr. Larry Beltramo got up there and the when the punch started he threw a front thrust kick to the sternum. The crowd went nuts. That was his Dance of Death for that day.

R

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
There are two handswords to the groin, first one, while he is still standing, is also known as a Ridgehand, the other is your Knife or Sword hand after the take down & back knuckle!

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... I count 2 handswords and one reverse handsword. Don't forget the last handsword to the cervicle vertibrae (back of the neck)after the left back stomp to the right kidney, before you "dance" back across him shovel kicking and stomping as you go.

Also, Circling Windmills seems to be a lengthy sorta technique. Used to hate it, now I love it. Bits and pieces can be utilized in a confined space or where people are the environmental considerations ... i.e. the local pub being sorta crowded tonight.

-Michael
UKS-Texas

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
A prime example

Circling Windmills seems to be a lengthy sorta technique

Bits and pieces can be utilized in a confined space or where people are the environmental considerations

That's the key to any of these techniques..at least I think so. The "motion kenpo" techniques are nothing more than basics backed by principles. We can stop the flow or change flow any time. We can alter it, abbreviate it, prefix, suffix, add, rearrange and delete as we see fit. So all this stuff about "wow that technique is lengthy" could stand to be looked at more closely. MAYBE it's teaching us more than how do just shred our attacker:rolleyes:

I think if the "lengthy" techniques are examined in that light, we all might appreciate them more.:asian:

Latest Discussions