Team Fighting Championship

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So I found this on YouTube. It is out of Europe. Apparently the rules are last man standing's team wins and once you opponent is down, you can assist one of your team mates......

There is 4 minutes of preshow stuff before the fight starts if you want to skip forward or you can watch the ring girls dance. ;)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Puts me in mind of the US Army Airborne of the late 50s and early 60s. They had pits dug and teams jumped in and off they went. The goal was for one team to put all the other team members out of the pit. I only participated one in my platoon, as they had actually prohibited the practice.

I was told in the jump school they used to identify sides with who had T-shirts on and who didn't. The school jumpmasters would tell them to start just after announcing, "No eye gouging and no biting. But I want to see blood!"

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Looks like it might be kind of fun.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It does look really fun though, and somehow less violent than normal MMA. Perhaps thanks to the slightly absurd nature of how this is organised.

OP
T

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It does look really fun though, and somehow less violent than normal MMA. Perhaps thanks to the slightly absurd nature of how this is organised.

I think that has to do with that you cannot hyper focus on just one guy. If you do, you are likely to end up with someone behind you either pounding on you or restraining you so the guy in front of you can pound on you. I also think that this setup (dealing with multiple opponents) gives it a leg up from UFC style MMA. Dealing with multiple people changes things up.

For example, the guys who got caught up with the ground game were fine until they started doing two-on-one fighting. Then they just went into defense mode while they got pounded. It will be interesting to see what the teams come up with to deal with this.

Latest Discussions