Teaching Ai Jow Ga Kung Fu

JowGaWolf6 5

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
I'm going for it. I'm going to teach Ai Jow Ga Kung Fu. I'm going to start with basics fist formation, conditioning, to movements, then strikes. How far I get depends on how much Ai has improved.
Purpose: To use Ai to Analyze Jow Ga Kung Fu and use of basic Jow Ga techniques.

I want to see if Ai can determine the next possible Jow Ga technique that can be used against my opponent as well as highlight my weak points.
 
What is your strategy for attracting students. Demos? Not knowing where you are located, but within the US, the Nextdoor app could be useful. Good fortune to you.
 
I'm going to teach Ai Jow Ga Kung Fu.
Will it make more sense to say, "I'm going to teach AI the combat art"? I don't think AI care about "style" at all. AI also doesn't care about self-cultivation, inner peace, culture study, ...

Can you teach AI not to use force and be soft?
 
Last edited:
What is your strategy for attracting students. Demos? Not knowing where you are located, but within the US, the Nextdoor app could be useful. Good fortune to you.
I'm teaching the Computer Kung Fu. As far aa attracting students, when I did teach. I would market to both parents and their children. Parents who join the school would get a discount for their child's tuition. In other words Family members that join get discounts. The other market we went after were those who were looking for functional martial arts as a self defense system.
 
Will it make more sense to say, "I'm going to teach AI the combat art"? I don't think AI care about "style" at all. AI also doesn't care about self-cultivation, inner peace, culture study, ...

Can you teach AI not to use force and be soft?
I'm going to be specific with Jow Ga. This way I can ask questions like "Are there any martial arts similar to Jow Ga Kung fu." This will allow me to do comparisons without having to teach it about the other fighting systems.

This will also help me to identify if I really understand Jow Ga Kung Fu because I already know the answers for that question. When I teach it Kung Fu I will not go into self-Cultivation, inner peace. It will have culture study only for historical reference points. More like looking at a family tree but instead of people. Martial arts. Instead of nationality. Influences that the system may be gaining or losing.

The first thing that I have to do is teach the computer what Jow Ga Kung Fu structure looks like. I'll use this based on screenshots of video. My theory is that if I give it a series of screenshots of a movement that it will be able to start recognizing the structure of specific types of punches, kicks and other movements. I will teach it the Form and then the Application in hopes that it will learn how to translate new forms into application.

I won't worry about force right now. I will only try to teach it force if it gets all of the other things work. I don't know where any of this effort will break AI but I'm confident I can teach it a majority of the first form that I learned. Especially since I know why it was originally confusing Left and Right limbs with the photos.

It will be interesting to see what data it will collect as it tries to learn. Normally you have to tell it relevant information but you can also tell it to collect or take note of all visual data. That way the reaction in someone's face may give information that we as martial artists never thought to factor in.

I will start off with the shape of my fist

The process will always start off the same.
1. confirm what AI is "Seeing" by asking it "What do you see in this picture?" Let AI describe it so that you can make corrections
2. understand what Ai is processing by asking it "Why do you think that?"
3. Explain to AI in depth what the picture is. while addressing any errors that were made in 1 and 2.

Ai must have enough information to be able analyze new content based on the elements in the picture.. I think once I get Jow Ga Kung Fu down. Everything will be a comparison when identifying similarities. If I spar against you then there will be similarities of techniques even though the systems are the same. But in terms of information and accuracy. I know more about Jow Ga Kung Fu than other systems.
 
I'm going to be specific with Jow Ga. This way I can ask questions like "Are there any martial arts similar to Jow Ga Kung fu." This will allow me to do comparisons without having to teach it about the other fighting systems.

This will also help me to identify if I really understand Jow Ga Kung Fu because I already know the answers for that question. When I teach it Kung Fu I will not go into self-Cultivation, inner peace. It will have culture study only for historical reference points. More like looking at a family tree but instead of people. Martial arts. Instead of nationality. Influences that the system may be gaining or losing.

The first thing that I have to do is teach the computer what Jow Ga Kung Fu structure looks like. I'll use this based on screenshots of video. My theory is that if I give it a series of screenshots of a movement that it will be able to start recognizing the structure of specific types of punches, kicks and other movements. I will teach it the Form and then the Application in hopes that it will learn how to translate new forms into application.

I won't worry about force right now. I will only try to teach it force if it gets all of the other things work. I don't know where any of this effort will break AI but I'm confident I can teach it a majority of the first form that I learned. Especially since I know why it was originally confusing Left and Right limbs with the photos.

It will be interesting to see what data it will collect as it tries to learn. Normally you have to tell it relevant information but you can also tell it to collect or take note of all visual data. That way the reaction in someone's face may give information that we as martial artists never thought to factor in.

I will start off with the shape of my fist

The process will always start off the same.
1. confirm what AI is "Seeing" by asking it "What do you see in this picture?" Let AI describe it so that you can make corrections
2. understand what Ai is processing by asking it "Why do you think that?"
3. Explain to AI in depth what the picture is. while addressing any errors that were made in 1 and 2.

Ai must have enough information to be able analyze new content based on the elements in the picture.. I think once I get Jow Ga Kung Fu down. Everything will be a comparison when identifying similarities. If I spar against you then there will be similarities of techniques even though the systems are the same. But in terms of information and accuracy. I know more about Jow Ga Kung Fu than other systems.
The other thing I will need to do is to see if Ai can accurately translate from 2D - 3D If it sees the front of a fist does it know what the unseen parts of my fist look like and can it calculate function from that. If I hook a punch and miss can it figure out that I can swing may arm into a back fist.
 
I'm officially creeped out now. But excided as well
Here's what's happening in the picture below: I'm testing CoPilot's ability to know what's on the other side of an image. This is important when talking about the striking surfaces of a fist.

The picture on the left is a real image of my hand. The picture on the right is Ai created. What I'm impressed about is the detailed enough to understand viable options of what I can do with the back of my hand. The Next step I'll take is to make a fist and take almost a 360 shot of my fist. The only things that I need to do do is to identify the striking services for this fist structure. It needs an example of the real structure of the fist and it's striking surfaces..




1790767965184.webp


AI instructions to create the image above:
"Copilot analyze this hand image in full anatomical detail.Extract structural cues from tendons, knuckles, skin folds, thumb orientation, and wrist rotation.Use those cues to reconstruct the unseen side of the hand.Generate an anatomically accurate opposite-side view that preserves the exact pose, proportions, and gesture."

This is where Ai has trouble.45% angles and side views. My guess is that anything outside of the basic fist is going to be a problem for Ai. While the hand below is deformed. It still understands that there is something on the other side and that's the important thing. The other stuff is just telling Ai . This is what a Jow Ga fist formation looks like. Based on what I've learned from here "Fist Formation" will not be independent from the forearm. I'm thinking that the forearm will give it enough information to structure the first based on how the hand is attached to the forearm. I think it needs that elbow and the forearm as a reference to calculate the angle."

1790769925478.webp
 
Last edited:
It looks like I was correct on this. The more of structure AI sees the better it can determine how it should look. This means full body sparring screenshot are needed. Screenshots that only show the upper body are not going to work as well.

1790772129382.webp
 
Back
Top