Teacher Arrested for Teaching Bomb Making

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6985768/?GT1=6190

ORLANDO, Fla. - A high school chemistry teacher was arrested after students claimed he taught his class how to make a bomb, authorities said.

http://s0b.bluestreak.com/ix.e?hr&s=384648Pieski, 42, used an overhead projector in class to give instructions in making explosives to students at Freedom High School, including advising them to use an electric detonator to stay clear from the blast, an Orange County sheriff’s arrest report said.

M

MisterMike

%think% hmmm..what are we gonna cover in class today?

I got an idea.... :idea:

Not.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know what bothers me most about this?

*I* had to learn from books.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
awww...poor techno

That the instructor chose a bad subject to teach is his fault, no matter what his intentions.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm Science Fair, Made a Non functional (* Missing the Plutonium *) Fission bomb. For some reason I did not win that one. BTW got this in the book store right next to the book that detailed the Space Shuttle and its' blue prints. ;)

In 11th grade Chemistry, we were making Di-Nitrogen Toluene. You cook Nitrogen Toluene over a period of time in a temperature range, to add the second Nitrogen. At some other temperature you start to add in the third Nitrogen ;) Can some one say Tri-Nitrogen Toluene or TNT.

It was the last year they did that experiment, as one young lady turned to me and asked how long do you heat it above x temperature? I said you were not supposed to go above that temp at all :shrug: :xtrmshock

I shut her gas off and left the class room into the stock room looking for the instructor.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
aye, in Chemistry I made TNT... made Nitroglycerine... and Nylon! :p woohoo! :p

Course, my teacher was also a Vietnam vet. Wonder if they would have busted him?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
aye, in Chemistry I made TNT... made Nitroglycerine... and Nylon! :p woohoo! :p

Course, my teacher was also a Vietnam vet. Wonder if they would have busted him?

My teacher was from WWII days and was a chemical expert in the days of occupation of Germany.

I did learn a real healthy respect though :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We made various explosives in HS too. Discussed malatov cocktails and whatnot. Curious.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now that we are no longer under the threat of Russian invasion I guess we dont need to teach the kids how to make improvised explosives anymore huh?

:)

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL - I guess not. Although it's apparently useful information in a riot - say, in the Rodney King riots in L.A.? I remember the news stations actually had diagrams and explanations on how to make a malatov cocktail (just in case you didn't know what one was). I half-expected to see it on Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers. Unbelievable!

Can you say 'cheap bomb'? Sure ... I knew you could.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
LOL - I guess not. Although it's apparently useful information in a riot - say, in the Rodney King riots in L.A.? I remember the news stations actually had diagrams and explanations on how to make a malatov cocktail (just in case you didn't know what one was). I half-expected to see it on Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers. Unbelievable!

Can you say 'cheap bomb'? Sure ... I knew you could.
Erm. Incindiary device. :)

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the newscasters called it a "cheap bomb" at the time. He was known to not be very educated. He was a local yocal who used the Bushian term "nookyuler."

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dr. Kenpo said:
Good thing I teach Social Studies, and coaching. I might've blown myself up in the process.:)

:rofl: Sir, you obviously did not qualify for a Darwin award then ;)

Unfortunately many do hurt or damage themselves in the making of home explosives. It is not with out serious risk or danger.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Where are all the people defending Ward Churchill at when it comes to this guy?

I mean he didn't actually tell them to use it, all he did was show them how it works, I am sure they could have figured it out on the internet if they just took the initiative.

His free speach rights have been violated right??

M

MissTwisties

Oh that's cool...lol :rolleyes: But I hope my kids will not learn that in school...

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
ginshun said:
His free speach rights have been violated right??
No, because of the last line of the article:
School officials told investigators that Pieski previously had been told he was not allowed to have any form of explosive on campus.
While I disagree with the search based on questionable motive (ummm... a chemistry teacher talking about explosives... umm.. duh?), and the subsequent arrest (which will most likely be thrown out), the findings were conclusive to at least warrant a serious repremand by the school.

misstwisties said:
Oh that's cool...lol But I hope my kids will not learn that in school...
Rather them learn it somewhere else and possibly seriously injure themselves in the process?

M

MissTwisties

I seriously doubt my girls would be into that kid of stuff anyway...boys are more interested in that kind of stuff, most of the time...lol

Latest Discussions