Te$Ting: TaeKwon-Dinero (in DC/MD/Nova)

OP
R

Rumy73

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to clarify, acknowledgement of the economics of the area is not approval of a lot of what I see go on. I don't much care for what I see as obvious filler and profit generating practices that do little to nothing for the art. I realize that these sorts of practices may keep the doors open and the lights on, but they also set bad precedent and move into slippery slope territory.

Unfortunately, the economics of this area is a factor that every school owner must deal with. There is no getting around it. Not to mention the expectations and desires of the clientelle, which can often be at cross purposes to quality training.

Everyone knows DC is one of the priciest in the country. Everything here costs a lot. Reasonable pricing to met the demands of rent, utilities and sundry is understandable. However, creating a testing fee structure that grows more costly as a student invests time and passion into art borders on disgraceful. That practice exploits a student's ambition. Really, gup tests are very similar. Higher rank tests should not cost more. Increasing the cost of Dan tests with each level, come on. Then there is ...
Inflating the cost of training gear... Doing the "oh by way, " now you have to pay for the KKW certification and adding a overly pricey processing cost...

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Everyone knows DC is one of the priciest in the country. Everything here costs a lot. Reasonable pricing to met the demands of rent, utilities and sundry is understandable. However, creating a testing fee structure that grows more costly as a student invests time and passion into art borders on disgraceful. That practice exploits a student's ambition. Really, gup tests are very similar. Higher rank tests should not cost more. Increasing the cost of Dan tests with each level, come on. Then there is ...
Inflating the cost of training gear... Doing the "oh by way, " now you have to pay for the KKW certification and adding a overly pricey processing cost...

I agree. :)

Latest Discussions