Te Company Store in the C21st?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I have ever heard of this practice. Most places allow direct deposit into a bank account...your own. I would like to know why they use the debit card for pay...and if there is a part of this we aren't hearing...something smells funny...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Game Stop had a similar practice, only they opted for a a card hardly anywhere accepted.

That should certainly not be legal! I have a bank account. I do not need another one, that's for sure!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a corporate owned store or if it is owned by the people mentioned...

considering the crappy journalism of today....

But the article stated 'franchisee' which makes the people the owner.

Around here, single mothers who need their minimum wage paycheck do not run to a lawyer at the first incident...they grin and bear....I wonder.

But then again, things have gone sideways for a lot of people, she might be from the better part of town.

Waiting for the rest of the story.
(man, I wish I wasn't as jaded as I am...)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wal Mart and other companies offer to direct deposit your pay to a debit card each month.
Adults, IMNSHO, have bank accounts

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't know why a business would refuse to pay by any method other than a debit card. I don't see the advantage to them unless they are getting a kickback from the bank.

But don't get me started on fees for 'services' and how exorbitant they are. I remember a few years ago when banks told us they wanted us to us ATMs to cut down on costs for humans to man the banks. As soon as they got us accustomed to that, they hit us with a fee. Why? The infrastructure was already there to reduce the cost of employees, and presumably paid for by that reduction in wages. It's avarice. It helps support high bonus payments. Arrrghhh!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wal Mart and other companies offer to direct deposit your pay to a debit card each month.
Adults, IMNSHO, have bank accounts

Well, you have to pass a credit check to have a bank account these days. Go figure.
So I can see where some would like to have their pay on a debit card.

But not as exclusive 'option'.
Cash should be the number one option, then check or direct deposit.

Yeah, I know...the payroll guy would get mugged on a regular basis....

Latest Discussions