Tattoos and Martial arts

billybybose

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If your changin clothes in the locker room,and sombody sees,and tells the boss,and he gets mad I think that means the boss has too much ego.I got my old mc patch tat,but my boss doesnt care.He just wants to teach.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If your changin clothes in the locker room,and sombody sees,and tells the boss,and he gets mad I think that means the boss has too much ego.I got my old mc patch tat,but my boss doesnt care.He just wants to teach.

Ya know...I don't have any tatts....but if I had one that someone would largely only see when I was changing clothes....and someone complained about that....I'd tell the complainer to quit staring at me when I am disrobed. Sheesh!

kingkong89

Green Belt
Reaction score
tattoos are ment to tell a story. your tattoos tell a short story of your instructors and how they helped you. i do not see any reason why they would dislike you due to your tattoos. they are on you to honor someone else.

ciscodog

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, heres my two cents....the only people that care if you have tattoos are people who dont. My Sensei doesnt care what so ever a 3 or 4 of us are "heavily" tattooed. Now Yamashita Sensei my O-Sensei hates tattoos and says we look like Yakuza(sp) since they are mostly of asian style work. That really surprises me since he is Okinawan. Its not like he wont talk to us because of them but he thinks tattoing is desecrating your body. I did some research and found that the Yakauza started in part from the outlawing of the samurai, and even in old chinese novals alot of the Hereos are basiccy heavily tattoed outlaws screwing the local govt to help out the locals. Quite Robin Hood in many ways.

With 108 heroes and 70 chapters in its French translation (100 in the English version), the novel is centered around many adventures, individual or collective, that all focus on the main subject, the raise of the outlaws gang led by Song Jiang and their fight against the Chinese Emperor's corrupted administrations.
Some stories occupy a few lines, others last in several consecutive chapters or reappear through the book.
The last ones became subjects for pieces of the Beijing Opera and are well known by the Chinese people

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Whoa! ciscodog, that sounds like a good read!

I have no tattoos, but have seen two teachers with tattoos, that are visible even with the uniform on!

Latest Discussions