Japan's tattoo ban

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jo Bole So Nihaal Sat Sri Akaal! Tusi Bahut Vadia.
You have no idea how much reading that has warmed the cockles of my heart šŸ¤— Since my parents passed away, I seldom hear Punjabi! šŸ„²

Maiį¹ samajhadā hāį¹ para bōla nahÄ«į¹ sakadā

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
You have no idea how much reading that has warmed the cockles of my heart šŸ¤— Since my parents passed away, I seldom hear Punjabi! šŸ„²

Maiį¹ samajhadā hāį¹ para bōla nahÄ«į¹ sakadā
I am sorry
, I cannot fully understand what you wrote. ā€œ I know we donā€™t speak Sakada?ā€ Could you translate it for me?

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry
, I cannot fully understand what you wrote. ā€œ I know we donā€™t speak Sakada?ā€ Could you translate it for me?
I had to get that off Google! It means I understand Punjabi but canā€™t speak it!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only have a little, I dont get to see my Sikh friends often enough anymore. I learned through immersion about 30 years ago.
I visited India as a 7 year old (1974) and picked up the language quite easily, as children do. Then I went back in 2008 to co-host a game show (šŸ˜³) andmuch to my embarrassment, could barely speak a word. I think the locals considered me as they would an extraterrestrial!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I visited India as a 7 year old (1974) and picked up the language quite easily, as children do. Then I went back in 2008 to co-host a game show (šŸ˜³) andmuch to my embarrassment, could barely speak a word. I think the locals considered me as they would an extraterrestrial!
About 30 years ago I was a veterinary tech for a wild and exotic specialty. My hair was so long I used to tuck my braid in my belt. I applied to a referral practice that was owned and staffed by a large extended family of Sikhs. The big boss, Dr. Bhullar was very kind to me. He hired me on the spot. The entire group was wonderful. Dr. Bhullar was known for being ferocious. He belonged to a beers of the world club that sent him a package of beers every Friday. He would call me into his office around 1530 or 1600 for a ā€œmeetingā€. He would then pretend to yell about this or that for a few minutes, complaining while grinning at me and pouring beers for us. Then when we were done he would announce that we were leaving, and that Dr. Sahi and Dr. Randawa would take over any remaining duties for us. It was one of the best jobs I ever had because they made me part of their family.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Japanese, Chinese and Korean people look nothing alike. Especially if you're Japanese.
Watt'ya mean all Asians don't look alike? How silly! Next you'll be saying the same about Europeans ...ya know, that Swedes, French, and Sicilians aren't identical.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesse Enkamp states 93 criteria!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jesse Enkamp states 93 criteria!

He missed the most important one ... Do you label your videos with clickbait titles?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, that's an interesting insight into Japan's tattoo culture! It's true, tattoos have long been associated with the Yakuza, making them a bit taboo in certain places. It's good to hear they're becoming more accepting, especially for tourists.
Iā€™m planning a trip to Japan next year. There are still many places I wonā€™t be able to access because I am heavily tattooed. Mostly onsen and beaches, but also some hotels ban tattoos outright.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iā€™m planning a trip to Japan next year. There are still many places I wonā€™t be able to access because I am heavily tattooed. Mostly onsen and beaches, but also some hotels ban tattoos outright.
Iā€™ve never heard of hotels banning tattoos. Perhaps you could ā€˜cover upā€˜ in communal areas.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Iā€™ve never heard of hotels banning tattoos. Perhaps you could ā€˜cover upā€˜ in communal areas.
Itā€™s true. Certain high end hotels may not allow you to check in/use the pool/ use the gym etc. small tattoos can be covered by sticky bandages. I will need to bring a rashguard and leggings.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Itā€™s true. Certain high end hotels may not allow you to check in/use the pool/ use the gym etc. small tattoos can be covered by sticky bandages. I will need to bring a rashguard and leggings.
Is that your body? May I ask if your tattoos are capable of sweating?

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I would be able to stay everywhere! All I have are scars! šŸ˜

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Itā€™s true. When we were all changing, we couldnā€™t tell when he had taken off his top and put on his black keikogi!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is that your body? May I ask if your tattoos are capable of sweating?
Yes thatā€™s part of me, I will spare you the rest of the pictures but it is nearly my whole body except hands, feet, neck, head, and groin. ( horimono ). Interesting question, I sweat just fine, why would you think I donā€™t?

Latest Discussions