tattoo question

hma123

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Im getting my first tattoo Friday, its going on my chest, nothing big. But was wondering how long I should take off training (even going for a run)? Some people told me a few days others said full week? Anyone have experience with this?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Keep it clean, don't let your friends know about it until it is fully healed. Other than that, you should be fine.

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
anti bacterial soap, and A&D ointment for a week or two. you will know when it's completely healed.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im getting my first tattoo Friday, its going on my chest, nothing big. But was wondering how long I should take off training (even going for a run)? Some people told me a few days others said full week? Anyone have experience with this?

Check this link for after care instructions. This is the artist that did my work and the after care instructions worked superbly for me. My color is still phenomenal even after years and sun exposure. They also healed very quickly and uneventfully ie: no infection, no huge scabs, it flaked off like fish food, the way it should with no breaks in any lines.

All I used was warm water and a mild soap along with Lubriderm for sensitive skin.

Good luck with tat and post up a pic for us! :)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Depending what you do, you Don't need to take time off training. Be conscious of the tat, let your training partners know not to hit/grab it. Unless you are doing something that will cause your uniform to abrade the tattoo and cause the scabs to come off, you should be fine.

The advice you have otherwise been given is sound. My Borther in Law and his kids have operated a tattoo parlor since I was a child, Ive been around them my whole life, and I have a fairly good handful myself... and what they have said jives with the advice above.

Just stay out of Hot tubs for a month. :D