Tatoos

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
triwahine said:
Sil Lum TigerLady,

Thanks so much for posting my tattoo picture!! Really appreciate all the help.

Aloha,
:partyon:
My pleasure.
:asian:

Baytor - Great tattoo! All I can say is I don't think any pictures can really do a tattoo justice. But at least we get an idea and we know how much better they look in real life. :)

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Baytor said:
Thanks for posting it for me Gin-Gin. :asian:
I just want to say also that it looks way cooler when not all shrunk down.
You're very welcome, Baytor. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, 4 years after I had planned on getting one, I finally got one. Stings like a wicked sunburn. LOL
Took 4 hours. The first 30 and last 30 were the worst. I think towards the end I was getting lightheaded from low blood sugar. Found out I'm a bleeder. LOL!

It's not the best pic. I'll post a better one on the forum later.

:D

Now, to plan #2

Attachments

• $bobtat.jpg
    $bobtat.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 268

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is very well done, Bob. Congratulations on your ink.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow Bob. It looks EXCELLENT! Very well done. Congrats! :supcool:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My Next Tattoo is gonna be the Kanji for my art on my cheekbone in this:

uv-titanium-white.jpg

The Titanium White turns out "invisible" in normal light, but glows in a spooky blue color under a blacklight... so you will only see it, when I am like, ya know, Ninja-raving and stuff... :D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the question should be who doesn't have ink??? I went to Shotsie Gorman in Jersey...

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I went today and picked up two more to total up to four.

Attachments

• $mini-000_0009.JPG
    $mini-000_0009.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 220

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
No, I don't have any tattoos and don't plan to get any. I have thought about it before, but it's kind of hard for me to justify permanently marking my body with some design or symbol. Will I still want it in 50 years from now? I think I'll always have some doubt, so I won't get it done. I've heard about tattoos being removed, but AFAIK the methods are far from perfect and it won't be completely erased.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dronak said:
No, I don't have any tattoos and don't plan to get any. I have thought about it before, but it's kind of hard for me to justify permanently marking my body with some design or symbol. Will I still want it in 50 years from now? I think I'll always have some doubt, so I won't get it done. I've heard about tattoos being removed, but AFAIK the methods are far from perfect and it won't be completely erased.

Well, 50 years from now, with advances in modern medicine, technology and demand, removal will likely be less painful, less expensive and cause less scarring. The trick is to get something you believe in or want to remember for all your life, looking cool is secondary. I think of it as though my body is my temple and I believe it should be decorated just like any temple. My tats are all memories.

asangria

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have a dragon on my left thigh, a broken heart w/roses on the left side of my chest, and a astral sun on the right side. My instructors recently got matching sea turtles.

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
OULobo said:
The trick is to get something you believe in or want to remember for all your life, looking cool is secondary.

I'd go along with the believe in part, but I'm not so sure about the memory part. The thing is that as I grow older and have more experiences with life in general, things change. I'm not so sure that a strong belief now won't fade with the decades. Or that what's a pleasant memory now won't turn sour after more years pass and events happen. But everyone's got their own viewpoints. I do think that some tattoos can look good, others I don't care for, but personally I don't think I'll be getting any.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Well, 4 years after I had planned on getting one, I finally got one. Stings like a wicked sunburn. LOL Took 4 hours. :D
Looks good, Bob! Great colors!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
My Next Tattoo is gonna be the Kanji for my art on my cheekbone in this:
uv-titanium-white.jpg

The Titanium White turns out "invisible" in normal light, but glows in a spooky blue color under a blacklight... so you will only see it, when I am like, ya know, Ninja-raving and stuff... :D
Very Cool! :supcool:

Schtankybampo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lobo-

Please be very careful with the UV inks. Some of them have not been tested as thouroughly as they should have been, and are not holding fast under the skin. Make sure that your artist is using reputable inks, particularly with the UV.

I'm not talking out of my hat here, though I have no ink myself, I have worked for a publishing company that holds three of the premiere Tattooing magazine titles, so I read quite a lot about it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Got more ink today - hubby doesn't know yet. Heh heh heh. Will post the pic as soon as I get it taken.