Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
taiji xingyi qigong the knee and where do we go from here

shili-1.jpg

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey Xue, too bad you aren’t closer here to me. I wonder if the foundational chay saan (waist turning) that we do in Tibetan crane might help strengthen your legs and knees. I won’t try to describe it here, but it is a repetitious exercise that we do driven with the feet and legs. If done correctly, I think it could be helpful for you. I’ve seen some folks do it in different ways, and I am not impressed by most of what I see in terms of how people do it, so if you see it done somewhere just be careful about what ideas you might try to lift from it. Maybe I’ll make a short video for you to look at, see the concept, decide if it might be worth playing with.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hey Xue, too bad you aren’t closer here to me. I wonder if the foundational chay saan (waist turning) that we do in Tibetan crane might help strengthen your legs and knees. I won’t try to describe it here, but it is a repetitious exercise that we do driven with the feet and legs. If done correctly, I think it could be helpful for you. I’ve seen some folks do it in different ways, and I am not impressed by most of what I see in terms of how people do it, so if you see it done somewhere just be careful about what ideas you might try to lift from it. Maybe I’ll make a short video for you to look at, see the concept, decide if it might be worth playing with.

What's 3000 miles when it comes to good training :)
Thanks, I much appreciate it. I know it is a different version than what you do, but I almost went to a series of White Crane qigong seminars of Yang Jwing Ming, before he moved to California. It looked mostly like external qigong. and I regret not going

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What's 3000 miles when it comes to good training :)
Thanks, I much appreciate it. I know it is a different version than what you do, but I almost went to a series of White Crane qigong seminars of Yang Jwing Ming, before he moved to California. It looked mostly like external qigong. and I regret not going
I’ll see if I can get a quick video put together in the next few days. Will let you know when it’s ready.