Tai Chi?

RoninPimp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The rules and uniform dictate the evolution of the techniques seen, no matter their origin imo.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RoninPimp said:
The rules and uniform dictate the evolution of the techniques seen, no matter their origin imo.

Got to agree with that.

Jeff

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, For those with arthritis? Interesting article in the local pape here(Hawaii)..feature a Tai chi teacher in Richardson, Texas.

The Arthritis Foundation teamed up with Tai Chi Instructors for excercise programs to help those with arthritis.

These slow gentle excercise offers pain reducing benefits for those with joint sensitivities. Alot of seniors/patients later reduce there medicines,are more active, stamina increase, more muscle strenght,stronger bones, better blood cirulation and helps with lowing blood pressure and diabetes...according to the article in the paper.

Tai Chi.....call the Arthritis Foundation for more information and the nearest Tai chi classes for arthritis classes.

Do you know someone who could use this? This maybe one answer to help! .....Aloha

OP
Marginal

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt the results differ too much if they get seniors on any kind of low impact exercise program.

When I dug up the video, I was looking for Tai Chi being used in a more alive situation. But, axe kicks are in those slow patterns too? Wow.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marginal said:
Somehow I doubt the results differ too much if they get seniors on any kind of low impact exercise program.

When I dug up the video, I was looking for Tai Chi being used in a more alive situation. But, axe kicks are in those slow patterns too? Wow.

Tai Chi...works for them...that is why it made the news and is spreading..it works! Tai Chi may look low impact to you.

Have you ever taken a Tai chi class or classes? My wife and I sign up for one a few years back....you get a good workout! and it is not as easy as it looks. You will find yourself/body improving. It was a one time semester class.

The only way you will know? is TRY IT! You may even enjoy doing it forever..........Aloha

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
C'mon guys, do some research. This is the Point Sparring section of a larg international tournament called Taiji Legacy. This is not Tai Chi but point sparring. Look up the website...I'll post it when I get to work, they offer competition in many different things and styles.

7sm

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, here is the webpage for the 2006 Taiji Legacy list of competition events. As you can see there are many. Taiji Legacy is a well run tourney, I'll be there this year with a few students who are competing. I was supposed to be doing San Shou, but it takes place only 2 weeks after a fight I will be doing in California, so not this year.

What is shown in the video is continuous sparring (I thought it was point, but its not), look at the description for the video..."continuous sparring". Tai chi events include forms and push hands only. A Tai Chi person could enter any event I guess, but what your seeing is not Tai Chi.

7sm

OP
Marginal

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
C'mon guys, do some research. This is the Point Sparring section of a larg international tournament called Taiji Legacy. This is not Tai Chi but point sparring. Look up the website...I'll post it when I get to work, they offer competition in many different things and styles.

7sm

I pulled the video off Google video, so I didn't get the vid in context. Just said tai chi legacy continous sparring. I reposted it here mainly because I was wondering if that actually was Tai Chi just mooshed through a sparring filter or what.

Thanks for the context.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No prob, if your looking for Tai Chi "sparring" look up push hands, you might find something there.

7sm

Latest Discussions