Tae Kwon Do Spoof Movie - Fist Foot Way

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hell I have to see that LOL

As you said much of it rings true not only with in TKD but in all martial arts organizations and schools

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:rofl:

So UpN, what's the story on this... um... movie?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:rofl:

So UpN, what's the story on this... um... movie?

I don't know anything about it. I got it over e-mail this morning and laughed my butt off. Hopefully, I'll be able to find some things out from this thread...

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Puts me in mind of, like, Reno 911 and such.

I will definately own this one :D I'll put it right next to Kung Pow!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Puts me in mind of, like, Reno 911 and such.

I will definately own this one :D I'll put it right next to Kung Pow!
The feel of the film in the way that it was shot looked/felt a lot like another cult classic "Napoleon Dynamite" and that was a funny flick. So probably worth a look see.

Definitely within the Kung Pow, Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer realm of MA-Comedies. :D

Here's a bit longer trailer. If you don't like cursing, don't watch it ...

I don't mind cursing as long as it's used properly in context. The amount and manner in which the language was used here in the trailer gave an indication of the amount throughout the film, which would make it very inappropriate for younger audiences which is sad because it looks to be a fun film to watch.
Basically overdid it as far as the script writing of the dialog.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Basically overdid it as far as the script writing of the dialog.

I guess they're just trying to rub your face in the fact that Simmon's character is one really, REALLY coarse guy!

You can tell, subtlety isn't going to be the strong suit in this film :lol:...

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't mind cursing as long as it's used properly in context. The amount and manner in which the language was used here in the trailer gave an indication of the amount throughout the film, which would make it very inappropriate for younger audiences which is sad because it looks to be a fun film to watch.
Yep. They freaking blew it! This would have been a MUCH better film without the bad language! (Again, *IF* that trailer is any indication of what the film is like).

Anyway, I have now signed up for "Fred's weekly inspirational note", haha!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Interesting, one of the "other videos that you might like if you liked this one" is:

The Human Stun Gun

A Master of the Mysterious Dim-Mak Poison Hand Touch-o-Death action at a distance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ukdal1

White Belt
Reaction score
It looks great, and pretty close to the truth in some respects from what little I know......I like the part with the old lady and the guy that knocks her out.....it's a trip!!!!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There are other videos on youtube about this -- one where the actor Will Ferrell says that this was the funniest stuff he has ever seen.

There is one scene where the main character, who is the Demo King, gets ready to break a board with the spinning hook kick. Predictably, he does the same tired, OLD joke about "You people in the front row over there might want to watch out.", as he sets up in such a way that the board would obviously fly and hit them. Then of course, he repositions it, saying, "No, we won't do that."

I'm telling you, I have personally met some teachers (NO, NOT MINE!) who are eerily similar to this character! They can be contemptible. In the old days, well... they would, shall we say, have a change of attitude???

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hilarious movie! I would love to go see it, myself. Definitely not one for the kids, though. Funny, yet sad because it is not too far off from the actual practices of lot of the strip mall mcdojangs.

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
I started watching, thinking, "This looks somewhat amusing."

Then the trailer got to, "I don't think you're going to like how this ends, hotshot." I haven't laughed that hard at MA-based physical humour since They Call Me Bruce! I have got to see more!

:partyon:
:roflmao:

Latest Discussions