Tae Kwon Do Resolutions for 2007

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beyond just saying, "I want to get better at it." Have you made specific goals for this coming year?

Fortuneately (bad sp) I have my 3rd Dan test in March to look forward to that drives my training this year. But beyond that, I have some goals. After my test, I want to train on my own (a part from teaching class) 3-4 times a week for at least an hour. It may be running & conditioning in that time. One or 2 days might be poomsae. I think it's realistic & yet challenging as well.

What are your goals for the year? It's not to late to set them, y'all:)

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I too am aiming to test, only in April, so I'm trying to center on that, but besides that my goal for the new year is to improve my health, treat my body with more respect, and try to set a good example to all my fellow TKD practitioners.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mine is simple, loose some more wieght and practice twice a day. Once on Poomsae and the other on techniques and Self defense.

Oh yea to have fun like always

TKD-Pete

White Belt
Reaction score
My aim is to get to green belt or blue tag by the end of the year. Which should be achievable if I work my butt off and train as hard as I have so far!

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have no tests planned in 07, but that is not for me to decide. I am kinda over that whole get some rank thing, though I do enjoy testing and prep for it.

I am still trying to get a vertical side kick.
I also want to go for a 10 paver break.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to achieve the rank of 3rd gup-purple in tae kwon do and 4th gup-blue in hapkido. I would also like to learn more of the deeper meaning of tae kwon do as it applies to me.

What I mean by this is the following: The thing is when someone goes to Marine Bootcamp on the surface it looks exactly the same for everyone, however each and every single person in the platoon has a big difference in experience.

To me Tae Kwon Do is no different in that respect.

joblo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am 50 now so I would like to keep improving my flexibility, and cardio. I can almost do a full split both ways and would like to achieve that , by the end of the year. Remaining injury free will be another goal.

Drusilla

White Belt
Reaction score
Mine is to mainly lose weight (I'm re-joining Slimming World) and to make sure that I stretch every day. At the moment I only ever stretch in class, but I know that I would get much more flexible if I did it at home as well.
I'm hoping that by losing weight that my asthma will improve as well. :)

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mine is to mainly lose weight (I'm re-joining Slimming World) and to make sure that I stretch every day. At the moment I only ever stretch in class, but I know that I would get much more flexible if I did it at home as well.
I'm hoping that by losing weight that my asthma will improve as well. :)

Don't overstretch. Give your muscles time to recover or you will set yourself back.

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My goals for 2007:

Create a personal mission statement for myself as a TKD instructor.
Add an additional class to the ones I assist/teach currently.
Prepare enough every quarter to have an awesome test (although I won't test until 2008 anyway).

That's about it. After my mission statement is written, I will work hard to be successful at the goals outlined in the mission statement.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(i) I'll be testing for red sometime this month, so I need to start doing some mental prep for that;

(ii) Start getting back into breaking again (and figure out why three board breaks have become so much difficult for me since I broke my hand a year ago doing one with a fist slightly out of correct alignment, and what I can do about it);

(iii) Do a `complete' Abernethy/O'Neil-style bunkai for Palgwes Sa Jang and Oh Jang and work the bugs out of them via CQ noncompliant `sparring' before the end of the year.

I figure that should keep me going for a while, anyway...

MSUTKD

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My personal goal is to get on the US Poomsae Team this year and represent the US at Worlds.

ron

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My personal goal is to get on the US Poomsae Team this year and represent the US at Worlds.

ron

Sir from what I see that will be a great seal for the team to have you and I'm sure you will make it.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
1.) drop 15 pounds, 2.) win the gold medal in this years AAU national championship and 3.) run (not walk) during our dojang's yearly 5k fund raising run.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmmmm, my goal for 2007. Well, to be honest, if I can figure a way to stop being beat on by 12 year old 5"1" tall female green belt named Arden that I swear looks like a freaking Elf I'll be a happy camper. You would not believe the bruises I have on my arms from trying to block her kicks. Damn!

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmmm, my goal for 2007. Well, to be honest, if I can figure a way to stop being beat on by 12 year old 5"1" tall female green belt named Arden that I swear looks like a freaking Elf I'll be a happy camper. You would not believe the bruises I have on my arms from trying to block her kicks. Damn!

Well, you've only yourself to blame, Wade—I mean, you taught her how to kick, yes? So the worse she beats you up, the better you should feel about your contribution to the art, eh? :D

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Exile, I buy Ibuprofen in large bottles so I can get the discount so just let it go OK? She is short mean and nasty and I'm just a nice old cripple trying to help her find her place in life. San Jose in July is what I'm thinking right now. Tomorrow night is my next session with the little dear and I'm prepping (JD) my self now.:) BTW, good luck on your test, let me know how it goes.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exile, I buy Ibuprofen in large bottles so I can get the discount so just let it go OK? She is short mean and nasty and I'm just a nice old cripple trying to help her find her place in life. San Jose in July is what I'm thinking right now. Tomorrow night is my next session with the little dear and I'm prepping (JD) my self now.:)

She sounds a right thug, Wade...it's always the little ones... I dunno, maybe you earn good karma or something by being her living punching/kicking bag... :wink1:

BTW, good luck on your test, let me know how it goes.

Hey, thanks for the good wishes---I will indeed! :)

Latest Discussions