Sword Performance

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah my thoughts are... honestly it is still impressive, is not easy at all, and does require quite a bit of skill and practice to do that stuff. So on that level it's pretty cool and I have a level of respect for that.

But yes, definitely a performance. Alot more gymnastic stuff involved.

It really grates me when people yell out during the performance, like shouting "yeeeeerrr get 'em" and stuff like that. ESPECIALLY in the big karate tournaments during kata, when they clap and cheer during the more flashy moves or at the kiai points... arrrrrgh be quiet everyone!!! I guess I see a kata being performed as something so riveting and almost sacred... and the silent/still parts just as important as the movement, and not as a darts tournament! That's just me XD

D

Deleted member 39746

You would be impressed if you saw her murder four people with a sword?

I dont think they could though, by the looks of it they are just in it for entertainment so if you compare it with four people who do actual combat swordsmanship, doubtful.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have not seen this style gi / hakima before. It was the most interesting part of the video. Is it the latest Paris fashion?

Hey, how about a MA fashion show? There's this, Chuck Norris' jeans gi, tie dye, stars and stripes, sleeveless, etc. Certainly enough looks for a show. Roll out the red carpet and pour the champagne. Maybe call Tyra Banks to host and one of the Kardashians can model. Might evolve into a new category of MA competition. We can call it Catwalk Kumite.

I'm all in favor of Catwalk Kumite. We could probably sell the public on that idea.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here is a sword performance

This is not actually a sword performance. It's a rhythmic gymnastics routine. It should be part of a rhythmic gymnastics competition, not of a Martial Arts competition.

Wearing goggles doesn't make you a swimmer.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
4 minutes later covered in my own vomit
9 minutes later. With a chuckle Did he just try to stab the swords into the Runway lol. I guess I know what type of swords he's using lol
Search over. Conclusion: "Trying to hard to be cool" comes to mind. With a hint of giggles.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I want my two minutes back. I do. I really do. Damn you.
Is this about right?
giphy.gif

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Strangely underwhelmed. I definitely don't like it but I'm sure some people do.

Latest Discussions