Summer Plans

OZman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have plans for this Summer? Not much going on here lately...So what are we up to?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well there's not really much to do. I'm hoping to do a lot of mountain biking this year. Last year I put 216 miles on the bike. This year I'm hoping to do more. So far I've done 22.25 miles in the past week. In my current financial situation it doesnt' leave much for me to really do.

OP
OZman

OZman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I understand, finances are a major drag.
So that's Jason gone walkabout on a bike, anyone else?

Kalicombat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, my summer got off to a great start........but didn't stay that way. During spring break, I took my youngest son and a friend to an indoor skatepark in San Antonio. Back in the day, I used to tear up a half pipe, but, that was 25 years ago. I dropped in on a 10ft halfpipe, like I had done so many times in the past, but, this time, age, gravity, and Murphy's Law caught up with me and I took a nasty fall.....I hobbled around for the last three months thinking it would heal, WRONG!!! Three weeks ago I finaly went to the doctor and had an MRI which showed a torn ACL and a blown out miniscus. Im getting my knee scoped on the 20th of JUNE. So for the next few weeks or so, Im on crutches. Pretty much puts a damper on any plans that my family and I HAD. Lots of time to study, plan my come back, and watch Sopranos episodes.

This is my first operation, wish me luck.....

Gary C.

Kalicombat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, Im back. I had the surgery on Tuesday morning. The doctor was able to sew up the major tear in my miniscus, remove the frayed edges that were causing all the severe pain, and sew up the tear on my ACL. Four little holes and an hour later and I was in recovery. Im very pleased with the way the operation went, and the effectiveness of the pain medication the doctor prescribed. Im still on a walker, and not able to bear weight until Monday, but feeling good. Thanks for the well wishes and I'll keep ya posted on my recovery.

Gary C.

Latest Discussions