Suggestions wanted for a lady's semi-auto

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
How about a S&W 99 in .40 cal? Knock down, concealable, pursable. good point shooter, and, depending upon her hand size (this is a thing-Rita, that's the wife-carries a S&W 99 or a Glock, depending on how she's dressed,......but she's not a "petite" gal at all.....:lol:

Besides, how can you go wrong with a James Bond gun like the 99????? :lol:

Just be aware they're no longer in production, so repairs in the future may be problematic.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
In the winter my wife carries either a CZ P-01 or an M&P 9c depending on the outfit.

Summer time it's currently a Kahr PM9. We went with the Kahr because it's in 9mm so it offers ammo commonality with everything else. That and as a primary I just wasn't comfortable with .380 or .32, and lastly, guns like the Keltec, Bersa, or Ruger LCP don't conceal much better than the Kahr, and have as much or more recoil despite the smaller cartridge.

Not a fan of off the body carry so wanted to avoid the purse idea.

Shin71

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What about talking her into a revolver, a snubby .38 with +P wadcutters or even a .357 witha steeel frame (practice with 38's) will ruin anyones day and cocking the hammer or just pulling the trigger are now options....

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
While I can't personnaly vouch for it, I have heard good things about the Smith and Wesson 3913 Lady Smith. I have even heard some males like it for concealed carry.

Shin71

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
While I can't personnaly vouch for it, I have heard good things about the Smith and Wesson 3913 Lady Smith. I have even heard some males like it for concealed carry.

I picked up one after a friend of mine picked one up. It is a great little gun, slim 8 +1 semi-auto but the slide spring is pretty stout for a small woman to work; I think that was part of the criteria for the choice.

I would still go with a .38 snub that was made from steel and not an airlight or similar.

Latest Discussions