success series how to be more successful in martial arts

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you know you made me realize i was being a bully. you know i hate bullies so much i just want to hurt them so much and im sorry for that so if yall truely know about bjj then i want to know every self defence technique you can do in self defence. im really sorry for attacking yall. you know i just hate bullies and politics and about how people say obama is the worst president.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know i just want to help people and nobody is giving me a chance to pass down my knowledge i wasn't trying to attract black belts you know. i just really hate bullies so much and people just keep critisizing me and all im trying to do is help

Eggg, I've just posted on another thread to you and I'm going to say again what I said there. I think you should post, start another thread if you want, about your journey in martial arts. Tell us how you started, why you started and what training is like for you, tell us what you find hard, what you find easy and what you want to do in the future. This will help a lot of people. Some people want to start martial arts but are scared to so you can show them how to overcome difficulties by telling us how you overcome them. Other people want to overcome bullies, tell us how you did it.

As you are an assistant instructor think how you would talk to other instructors and how you would talk to your students. Think how you would want people to talk to you. Talk to us here the same way, if you think you are being criticised, take a deep breath in and another out, read it again and then again. If you still think it's criticism that is unfair PM me and I wil have a look.

I hate being criticised I must admit but sometimes when I've read it again it's not criticism at all it's a suggestion that makes things better and I was too proud to read it that way at first. People here will suggest things to you that may make things easier for you, accept those suggestions as a martial artist should, say thank you and try what they suggest. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know you made me realize i was being a bully. you know i hate bullies so much i just want to hurt them so much and im sorry for that so if yall truely know about bjj then i want to know every self defence technique you can do in self defence. im really sorry for attacking yall. you know i just hate bullies and politics and about how people say obama is the worst president.

Sounds like you're very passionate about the arts, which is a good thing. There are a good number of people here who have some BJJ training as well as many who train in it on a regular basis. One thing about forums, many times its difficult to explain a technique, especially if someone doesn't know it yet.

I'd suggest heading over to the BJJ section of the forum, and if theres a thread about a particular tech. that you already know, perhaps people can give you some advice. :)

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Now you're ready to starting learning from the people on the board.

Congratulations!

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score

Do you see the problem here? A martial artist does not want to hurt anyone, a martial artist does not use words like "hate."

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you see the problem here? A martial artist does not want to hurt anyone, a martial artist does not use words like "hate."

It's hard though when you've been bullied not to hate but it's something that you must get rid of because it will poison you and the bullies will have won.

What are the best ways to get rid of that hate? Are there ways that will shake off the hatred? As you say martial artists should not want to hurt anyone that includes themselves as hating will hurt you.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After spending some quality time reading eggg threads, all I can say is simply he is in a transition with his life and is struggleing with what he is trying to say and what is truely being said. This individual must feel like the world is coming down on him. Remember expressing yourself is hard enough without much confidence, lets help him see the right path so he can become a better person. egg keep training but remember trainingis a small aspect knowing where and when to be in some places is an equal part of the arts.

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Let's not blow this out of proportion Omar. Martial artists are people. They're subject to the same range of human experience as everyone else. Perhaps even more so, given that they actively seek out experiences at the ends of the spectrum that people don't generally have to experience. Most of us could probably happily live out the rest of our lives without investigating what it's like to get punched in the face.

Of course martial artists can use words like "hate." I hate the victimization of children. There. Easy. I don't "intellectually disapprove of" or "stoically shun." I hate. And that's fine. I don't think we should be perpetuating some myth of larger-than-life exploits, physical or mental. People experience feelings. Nothing wrong with that.

As for martial artists not wanting to hurt anyone, I think history is full of counterexamples to that. We can dress it up in as many searches for self-perfection as we like, but at the end of the day, the vehicle through which we've chosen to learn about ourselves does involve violence. And we're lying to ourselves if we claim, even for a moment, that we don't, on some level, dig the idea of knocking the stuffing out of someone. I don't know a single martial artist who daydreams about sitting in seiza for hours. I know a metric crapload of them who have daydreamed about grabbing two ninjas, tying them together by the hair, and using them as makeshift nunchaku to pummel Chuck Liddell.

Martial arts are simulated combat. That involves hurting someone. Not permanently. Not critically. But it's hurt, all the same.

Stuart

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
well thank you guys and i now learned that hatred is a poison that will kill you and its i really don't hate bullies its just i don't like them

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well thank you guys and i now learned that hatred is a poison that will kill you and its i really don't hate bullies its just i don't like them

No one who is a good person will like bullies. They are something we need to try and get rid of, too many people have been hurt by bullies.
What I can't understand is why so many schools don't do more to stop it. I know it's harder with mobile phones and comptuers now being used to bully children but surely more could be done to stamp it out. I've heard it said that wherever you get people you will get bullying but surely there's more we can do to stop as much as we can.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you know this cyber bullying has to end someday we need harsher laws against bullying and the school never does anything about its like the old saying ''kids will be kids'' i don't believe in that old society myth. i take bullying real serious you know. i think those kids and teens victums of bullying should seek martial arts it would binifit both the bully and the bullied kid.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know this cyber bullying has to end someday we need harsher laws against bullying and the school never does anything about its like the old saying ''kids will be kids'' i don't believe in that old society myth. i take bullying real serious you know. i think those kids and teens victums of bullying should seek martial arts it would binifit both the bully and the bullied kid.

Some schools here run a 'mentor' programme. Senior students act as mentors to the younger ones and advise on bullying, coping with school and problems like that. The younger children respond well to the older students and feel they can talk to them. Talking about it is one of the ways I think we can fight bullying, as adults we can do nothing unless we know about it. Martial arts instructors are well placed to tell children about bullying and how important it is to tell someone.
I think you are right about martial arts benefitting the bully as well as long as we are careful we don't give them more ammunition.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It is in my opinion to give up hate for bullies and think of them as sick individuals with an illness. Living with hatred in your heart not only injures yourself but also affects other non-bullies as well.

Passionate for the rights of others is a better term to use than hatred for the one who inflicts fear and injustice.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
well thank you i have already given up my hatred for something to combat those bullies which is education them that what they are doing is wrong and imoral. i learned yesterday from my instructor that their is a difference between someone hurting you and people just messing with you and we used that to compare when someones really trying to hurt you or if they are bullying you we used that because we were talking about self defence.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you know not all bullies are insecure some of them are jerks who need to be educated. you know i believe there is hatred in this world and i believe the root to ullying is hate which is like a poison that stabs your heart and corrup you. i believe we as martial artist should end this cycle of hatred and dispair in this world. you know the reason why i really hated bullies for so long was because i was bullied in middle school because i was scared of bees and there was a kid name brice wegmiller who was rude to me that i eventually wanted to hurt him and get my revenge against him even now i want to joint lock or choke him but there is a downside to revenge which is pure hate towards anyone. you know so thats the reason i hated bullies for so long and thats the reason why i got into martial arts was to learn self defence against bullies and become a martial arts teacher.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
you know not all bullies are insecure some of them are jerks who need to be educated. you know i believe there is hatred in this world and i believe the root to ullying is hate which is like a poison that stabs your heart and corrup you. i believe we as martial artist should end this cycle of hatred and dispair in this world. you know the reason why i really hated bullies for so long was because i was bullied in middle school because i was scared of bees and there was a kid name brice wegmiller who was rude to me that i eventually wanted to hurt him and get my revenge against him even now i want to joint lock or choke him but there is a downside to revenge which is pure hate towards anyone. you know so thats the reason i hated bullies for so long and thats the reason why i got into martial arts was to learn self defence against bullies and become a martial arts teacher.

Now you don't want to be having thoughts like this mate , its just not good for you , let it go and move on with your life.

Besides , with a name like Brice Wegmiller don't you think the poor guy has suffered enough.

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I really don't see what all the Ruckus is about. This is the "Beginners Corner," so I basically take it as... hes trying to help out beginners. Not lecture the more experienced members here. Now if he posted in the "General Martial Arts" thread, then I would see it as him trying to give members here a lecture.

It is obvious he is very young, and hes actually lucky to have found this website at his age. Because now he is in the hands of very good martial artist on a moderated thread. And he will experience a wealth of knowledge OUTSIDE of class as well as inside class from very intelligent martial artist that frequent this forum. So lucky him.

OP
eggg1994

eggg1994

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you know i think it is laughable that omar b thought i was funny that i broke new ground. to tell you the truth i try to attract white belts only but instead i got upper belts and i believe there are no white belts on here that i can pass my knowledge to.

Slipper

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Eggg, I didn't care for the things Omar said, but he has had a different experience with autism than you have. And you both have had an experience with autism that I personally do not know (my daughter is considered profoundly impaired). I'm happy that his uncle has done so well and I am sure his family worked hard to help him be successful.

I don't think it's a good idea to start a public disagreement with someone on this topic. Accept that you both have different ideas about autism and move on.

Latest Discussions