Stuck in a rut.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by WilliamTLear

I heard that twinkies have a shelf life of like a million years, or something like that.

It's that Yellow Dye number 5. Ancient Egyptians used it for their
mummification processes.

To give more history, Hitler believed that the country which
had the most yellow dye number 5 would be unstoppable in
battle.

And in present day, not many know this (so be glad that I'm a
member here and can enlighten all of you) the U.S's supply of
yellow dye number 5 is dangerously low. Which I don't have to
tell you people, seriously threatens twinkie production. Rumor
has it that Sadam has been stock piling yellow dye number 5 for
years, and is in secret twinkie production, right now as we speak!
So Bush is making up all this weapons of mass destruction stuff,
just so we can go in there, and take over their massive stock of
yellow dye number 5!!! Well I say, NO WAR over yellow dye number 5!!!!!!!!!

:D

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
It's that Yellow Dye number 5. The U.S's supply of yellow dye number 5 is dangerously low. Which I don't have to tell you people, seriously threatens twinkie production.
Rumor has it that Sadam has been stock piling yellow dye number 5 for years, and is in secret twinkie production, right now as we speak!
So Bush is making up all this weapons of mass destruction stuff,just so we can go in there, and take over their massive stock of yellow dye number 5!!! Well I say, "YES to WAR" over yellow dye number 5!

I'm calling Bush now!! We should already be in there and get that dye!! sheeesh this could cause a shortage of twinkies in the southwest if it carries on any longer........

Lets get going.... call your congressmen and set fires!

:soapbox:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score

Well I say, NO WAR over yellow dye number 5!!!!!!!!!

:D

can you change it to number 4 so it rhymes? Maybe call it number 4..........plus 1.

:p

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by jbkenpo

can you change it to number 4 so it rhymes? Maybe call it number 4..........plus 1.

:p

Aren't we having enough problems with the number 4 in Kenpo right now? :confused:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

YOU are.......... not .......... WE ......... LOL:rofl:

You're right... I'm not. :moon:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
My instructor did this to me the other day and totally blew my mind. I didn't know whether I was coming or going. Now before you think I'm a total dunce I can usually rhym off the techs and or the attacks but when he came at me with this different point of view I was Stymied. We had a good laugh and eventually got through them. It was a great learning experience.

Cognitive dissonance and stress inducement is what it's all about.
(not the hokee-poky)
Keep'm guessin, mix things up!! If we get into a certain 'groove' in Kenpo, then we will not be able to adapt to the moment, which is where (I believe) Kenpo has it's greatest strength!!!

Keep doing things to push your ability and understanding in NEW ways.

As I tell my students when they say "I can't do that."
"If you already could, why get instruction?"
Just a thought!!
Your Brother
John

Attachments

• $skydiver_falling_md_wht.gif
    $skydiver_falling_md_wht.gif
    14 KB · Views: 257
OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Brother John

Cognitive dissonance and stress inducement is what it's all about.
(not the hokee-poky)
Keep'm guessin, mix things up!! If we get into a certain 'groove' in Kenpo, then we will not be able to adapt to the moment, which is where (I believe) Kenpo has it's greatest strength!!!

Keep doing things to push your ability and understanding in NEW ways.

As I tell my students when they say "I can't do that."
"If you already could, why get instruction?"
Just a thought!!
Your Brother
John

Wow!!! One of the few people that took my thread seriously.

Thank you for the support Brother John. Don't worry, all the confussion only made me want to correct what I have done wrong.

LOL When I'm annoyed at myself (ie when my instructor corrects me, and I'm not getting it) I get a angry look on my face, more than one occation he thought I was pi$$ed at him, lol I just smile and tell him. It's not YOU that I'm angry with.

Eventually I will get it, there are some techniques that I loathed. After much practise they are now some of my favourites.

I've had people say I'm stubborn (can you imagine? :eek: ), in cases such as this I think that's a good thing.

Dot
:asian:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Just didn't want them to start a campaign against the brothers in Texas as well....

I may be interpreting your post in completely the wrong way (and I hope I am), but are you implying that my problem with Chapel is based on his ethnicity? What do you mean by brothers in Texas? Do you mean Kenpo Brothers, or Brothers as in a black americans? Can you please clarify this?

I also want everyone to know that there is no organized campaign against Chapel based on his race... My problems with him have to do with his unsubstantiated claims and unsupported public statements. I hope you understand my position, if you wanna talk drop me a line or e-mail anytime.

Sincerely,
Billy :asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by WilliamTLear

I may be interpreting your post in completely the wrong way (and I hope I am), but are you implying that my problem with Chapel is based on his ethnicity? What do you mean by brothers in Texas? Do you mean Kenpo Brothers, or Brothers as in a black americans? Can you please clarify this?

I also want everyone to know that there is no organized campaign against Chapel based on his race... My problems with him have to do with his unsubstantiated claims and unsupported public statements. I hope you understand my position, if you wanna talk drop me a line or e-mail anytime.

Sincerely,

Hey Billy,

Just another bad, somewhat inside, joke. At the Texas camp Mr. Conatser kept, "messin with the Brothers" as he said. That's why I laughed when I said it, cuz I knew he'd know what I meant. We've talked enough IM'ing and on the phone that I know your not like that. We even discussed the Doc thing. I'm just jackin around cuz lately when I get in at 2 or 3am from work that familiar, box hasn't popped up from you saying, "Hey, what's going on?" :D

Your Bro in Kenpo, jb:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score

Hey Billy,

Just another bad, somewhat inside, joke. At the Texas camp Mr. Conatser kept, "messin with the Brothers" as he said. That's why I laughed when I said it, cuz I knew he'd know what I meant. We've talked enough IM'ing and on the phone that I know your not like that. We even discussed the Doc thing. I'm just jackin around cuz lately when I get in at 2 or 3am from work that familiar, box hasn't popped up from you saying, "Hey, what's going on?" :D

Your Bro in Kenpo, jb:asian:

The best part about it is that I just finished giving Seig and Richardo crap about the exact same thing on another post and then I was guilty myself. Anyone on the outside lookin in wouldn't realize that we're friends and that your not like that at all...sorry.

jb:asian:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Eventually I will get it, there are some techniques that I loathed. After much practise they are now some of my favourites.

Can you get my students to understand this????
Better yet, go back in time to when I was a lower belt and teach it to me. :)
It's so important for us all to remember that if we keep our dreams alive, they will do the same for us. (a Mr. Mill's quote)
Also, if we persist we will overcome any obstacle.

Keep workin...
Your Brother
John

OP
W

WilliamTLear

The best part about it is that I just finished giving Seig and Richardo crap about the exact same thing on another post and then I was guilty myself. Anyone on the outside lookin in wouldn't realize that we're friends and that your not like that at all...sorry.

jb:asian:

:) Thanks for clearing that up Jason. I just didn't want someone signing me up on the KKK's mailing list or something like that, that's all.

Your Pal,

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Don'tcha mean Billy "Grand Dragon" Lear ??:D

The only "Grand-Anything" I plan on being some day is a GRANDPA. :lol:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to drive a